Sweet Memories of great days...

vetkoek
2nd June 2007, 16:10
It all started because I decided to check out the status of ham radio these days and found this site. I did my PMG and Radar at Norwood Technical College back in the late 60's and was at sea as a sparky (mainly with BP Tankers) for a few years thereafter in the early 70's. Great days. Will try and dig up some pics from way back and submit them. Am still running back and forth to the Gulf these days but for different reasons...remember Isle of Grain??

fred henderson
2nd June 2007, 16:38
A warm welcome Vetkoek. I hope that you enjoy your membership, will help the site by making your own contributions and hopefully make contact with some of your old shipmates.

Fred(Thumb)

mikeg
2nd June 2007, 16:40
Welcome Vetkoek,
Lots of ex R/O's here. Are you thinking of taking your ham radio ticket? It'll be great hearing from you on Ships Nostalgia and looking at those pics.
Rgds,

Mike (ex SRO/E)

hawkey01
2nd June 2007, 16:40
Vetkoek,
welcome to SN, lots of us X RO's about. Enjoy the site.
Regards
Hawkey01

K urgess
2nd June 2007, 17:03
Welcome, Vetkoek, from yet another R/O.
As has been pointed out there are quite a few of us signed on these articles.
Come aboard and enjoy the trip. I look forward to some future QSOs.

Cheers
MS

R58484956
2nd June 2007, 19:26
Greetings Vetkoek and welcome from the south of England. Plenty of ex BP tanker lads on this site. Thanks for signing on and bon voyage.

Gulpers
2nd June 2007, 20:19
Vetkoek,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

wa002f0328
2nd June 2007, 22:36
Velcome Vetcoek,
Have a good voyage, and enjoy the crack aboard this great vessel, will take you to the edge of nostalgia, what a great crew, enjoy it , BON VOYAGE
Cheers Bill Atkins TYNEMOUTH U.K.

billyboy
2nd June 2007, 23:34
welcome aboard Vetkoek from the philippines. enjoy all this great site has to offer.

benjidog
3rd June 2007, 00:50
Welcome from the North of England.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

jim brindley
3rd June 2007, 03:39
come aboard vet .and have fun .

gdynia
4th June 2007, 12:07
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage