Hello

billblow
3rd June 2007, 18:53
Hello to you all,
My main interest is in British sidewinder trawlers mainly by having Great Grandfather, Grandfather and Father all trawlermen out of Grimsby over almost 100 years. Other Grandfather life long Merchant Navy with claims to fame of torpedoed twice in 24 hours in WW2 but mostly when in 1923 as a crew member of the SS Trevessa belonging to the Hain Steamship Co she foundered and he and survivors sailed 1747 miles in an open boat for 25 days before landfall in Mauritius. So can you believe that with a pedigree like that I am a total landlubber
Bill Blow

benjidog
3rd June 2007, 19:20
Welcome to SN from Lancashire Bill.

We have many members with similar interests to your own so you will be in good company.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
3rd June 2007, 19:47
Bill, A nice introduction piece, well done and a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

Gulpers
3rd June 2007, 20:40
Bill,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
Join in our discussions and I am sure you will get many hours of pleasure from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
3rd June 2007, 22:14
welcome aboard from the Philippines. enjoy all this great site has to offert

thunderd
3rd June 2007, 23:30
Welcome Bill, I think you're going to love this site, there are plenty of dedicated fishing boat enthusiasts who share your interests.

gdynia
4th June 2007, 11:01
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
4th June 2007, 11:50
Greetings Bill and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.