Hello Globtik & Shell Tanker Mates

stevecadet
21st June 2007, 20:15
Served with Globtik London/Venus late 70s, therafter Shell ULCCs Limatula, Pallium and gas boat Methane Princess. Good times with a good crew all the time. Now true landlubber working in IT for local authority.
It would be good to hear from anybody around that period, Many thanks, Steve.

Gulpers
21st June 2007, 20:19
Steve,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

K urgess
21st June 2007, 20:29
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Steve.
Get your sealegs back and join in.

thunderd
22nd June 2007, 00:34
Hello Steve and a very warm welcome to the site from Tasmania, we look forward to your posts.

Bruce Carson
22nd June 2007, 01:55
Steve, Welcome onboard.
You'll amost certainly run into old friends on this forum.
Take a look around and join in the discussions.

Best,
Bruce C

gdynia
22nd June 2007, 09:20
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
22nd June 2007, 11:09
Greetings Steve and welcome from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
22nd June 2007, 23:06
Welcome from Lancashire Steve,

I am sure you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Sipsoo
27th December 2007, 15:08
Hi Steve,

I was on the London and Tokyo during the mid 70's (75, 76) and had a great time.. Like you I am a landlubber also working it IT..

Small World eh :o)

regards,

Ken

mikeg
28th December 2007, 12:45
Hiya Steve,
Welcome from the Scottish Highlands. I was SR/O on the Methane Princess Jan-April 1976.
Cheers,

Mike

Ron Stringer
28th December 2007, 15:54
I was SR/O on the Methane Princess Jan-April 1976.
Cheers, Mike

At some time in the 70s, I and Svet Vucevic came on board either the Methane Princess or the Methane Progress in Canvey and fitted a telex installation. As I remember the R/O was Irish. I sailed with the vessel to Arzew and Barcelona to train the R/O in the use of the station and flew back to the UK from there. Can't remember which of the two vessels it was.

It amazes me that almost 40 years later Canvey is now wracked with arguments and campaigns about the creation of a natural gas storage and distribution installation there. This apparently is on the grounds of potential harm to the global environment and the local populace. Has everyone forgotten that Canvey was a natural gas terminal in the 1960s and '70s?