feeling my way around

palmoil chop
24th June 2007, 20:05
An old friend from my seafaring days (1958-1986) alerted me to the existence of this website. Most of my seagoing was to West Africa. I've chosen the identiy tag of palmoil chop because that's the one thing that I miss about being at sea most of all. Just thinking of that pile of rice with yam and okra and everything else has got me drooling. I hope to cross paths with some old friends as I pick my way around the site. I'm still on dial-up and only go on-line early evenings most days I'm sure that I'll join in when I see a thread or more of interest.

best regards to all and hope to meet some of you here before long.

sparkie2182
24th June 2007, 20:08
hello palmoil

from cumbria

Bruce Carson
24th June 2007, 20:15
Welcome to the forum, Palmoil.
If you're looking for old shipmates from ED, you'll likely find them here.
We'll be looking forward to your postings.

Best,
Bruce

K urgess
24th June 2007, 20:19
Welcome to the motley crew from East Yorkshire, Palmoil.
I'm sure you'll find your way around once you get your sealegs back.

eldersuk
24th June 2007, 22:24
Welcome Palmoil, I agree with your choice of a Sunday lunch 'down the coast', of course with a good few gins to lubricate it.

Derek

thunderd
25th June 2007, 00:22
Good to have you aboard and we look forward to your posts.

billyboy
25th June 2007, 02:52
welcome aboard from the Philippines Palmoil. enjoy all this great site has to offer.

R58484956
25th June 2007, 09:09
Greetings Palmoilchop and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
25th June 2007, 10:21
palmoil chop,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter whenever you can.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

ed glover
25th June 2007, 12:20
Boy could I go for a meal like that today. welcome aboard.

Ed Glover (ex ED. was called ginger)
Controlled drifting.

Peter (Pat) Baker
25th June 2007, 12:22
Palmoilchop,
it appears that you joined Palm Line a year after I left to join Harrison Line.
Palm Oil Chop and large quantities of gin on sunday lunchtime was the highlight of trips to West Africa.
I remember that the restaurant the "Bears Paw" in Liverpool in the late 50's would provide a Palm Oil Chop as long as you gave them a few days notice and reserved for at least 6 people.
Oh! Happy days.
Peter (Pat) Baker.

gdynia
28th June 2007, 12:34
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

PIP
23rd August 2007, 22:08
Hey you guys, has anyone got any recipes for Palmoil chop or other Africamn dishes. Yea, I am hungry already and like a spicy meal, it really was a treat to have the old POC but also a huge bowl of Red pepper Soup. No wonder we youngs uns were called Gannets. Come on, don't be mean, give us a recipe.

benjidog
26th August 2007, 17:48
Welcome to SN from Lancashire.

You have my sympathy if you have to connect using a dial-up link as it takes forever. It drives me nuts when I have to use it when away from home.

I hope you enjoy the site - there is plenty to see here.

Regards,

Brian