Hello to everyone

Pete Axon
4th July 2007, 12:18
Recently signed on this site but so busy reading all the postings etc, forgot to say hello.Joined the MN in 63 as Jun Eng. 1st Ship..MV Regent Caribou
(CT Bowrings) next a general cargo MV Debrett( Lamports) then a rockdodger called Kyle of Lochalsh (company forgotten) them RMS Queen Mary 64 to 67.Left MN to live in Canada but went back in MN in 69 when OCL were recruiting crews for the six new Bay Ships being built in Hamburg ( 5 in Hamburg 1 in John Browns on the Clyde )Stood by the Flinders Bay till she was launched in 69 and did the maiden voyage to OZ. Sailed on most of the Bay Ships until I finally payed off in 71. Carved out a career with BT until I retired in 2004. Now work for the local authority in Blackpool as a Safety Inspector. Still miss being at sea, best years without exception. Regards, Pete Axon.

gdynia
4th July 2007, 12:20
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

non descript
4th July 2007, 13:06
Pete, well done and a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

K urgess
4th July 2007, 13:58
Welcome aboard from, East Yorkshire, Pete.
Great intro. As you've already found it can be addictive.

R58484956
4th July 2007, 14:07
Greetings Pete and a warm welcome to SN. Nice introduction you gave. Enjoy the site and thanks for signing on. Bon voyage.

steve Coombs
4th July 2007, 19:23
Welcome

frank earl
4th July 2007, 19:26
I moved to this site from MN site too,this one is more for adults with a genuine interest. Everyone here will post sensible replies. I have had excellent information and great photos from members here.Frank.leeds.

Gulpers
4th July 2007, 20:54
Pete,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Peter4447
4th July 2007, 21:08
A very warm welcome to the site Pete from Glorious Devon

Peter4447(Thumb)

Anderskane
4th July 2007, 23:38
Hello Pete, you've joined an excellent site, you'll find some photos and comments on Kyle of Lochalsh in the Coasters section. Good luck in Blackpool, regards Kenny.

sparkie2182
4th July 2007, 23:43
hi pete from cumbria.....................ex fleetwood

Pete Axon
5th July 2007, 12:38
I moved to this site from MN site too,this one is more for adults with a genuine interest. Everyone here will post sensible replies. I have had excellent information and great photos from members here.Frank.leeds.
Hi Frank, good to hear from you, I think I've read your postings on the BMN site, something about "wrestling" if I remember correct. Share your feelings about this wonderful site, I know I'm going to be keeping up to speed with all the great replies so far. Thanks to everyone who put a posting on giving me such a warm welcome, it's appreciated. Pete in Poulton-le-Fylde UK.

Bruce Carson
5th July 2007, 15:08
Good to have you onboard, Pete.
I'm sure you'll find old shipmates here and make new friends, too.
Welcome!

Bruce

benjidog
6th July 2007, 00:01
Another welcome from the North of England.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian