So glad to have found you

ELUN00001
9th July 2007, 17:13
Hi there all enthusiasts my name is Noreen but this isn't about me, I found this site purely by accident for my husband Allan, who after 30yrs 'ashore' still talks about his beloved Globtiks both Tokyo and London that he sailed with and the Ravi Tikoo days (forgive the spelling) also Shell is fondly remembered and a lot that he remembers, I have now forgot ( I am on a permanent course of sea sickness pills). I have tried to get info for him on the Globtik giants in fact anything at all about Merchant ships, but it is like finding hens teeth, impossible, could anyone enlighten me as to what to look out for or web sites to visit. Allan served on the Globtik's in the 70's so pleeeese anyone who would like to get in touch with us do so, it would be an absolute pleasure and make an old man very happy(I will not mention me)
Look forward to hearing from you
From a cold and miserable South Africa
Warm Regards
Noreen

non descript
9th July 2007, 17:15
Noreen, a nice initial posting well done and a very warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

Bruce Carson
9th July 2007, 17:26
Noreen, a warm welcome to you and your husband.
Chances are you will hear from old Globtik shipmates before long.
It's 95F and sticky here in Michigan right now---I'd gladly send some warmth your way if that was possible.

Bruce

R58484956
9th July 2007, 17:57
Greetings Noreen and your husband and a warm welcome from the south of England (18°) Nice introduction you gave. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer. Bon voyage to you both.

K urgess
9th July 2007, 19:34
Welcome aboard from a wet but warm East Yorkshire, Noreen.
I'm sure you will be pointed in the right direction by our members quite quickly. Meanwhile a search of the picture gallery will produce a few of your husband's ships.

benjidog
9th July 2007, 20:02
Welcome from the North of England.

I am sure you will enjoy the site and that one of the members will be able to help with your enquiry.

Regards,

Brian

sparkie2182
9th July 2007, 21:48
hello from cumbria.............uk

Rossbay
9th July 2007, 23:02
Hello Noreen
A warm welcome from a wet and miserable Northern Ireland. As a newcomer to this site two weeks ago I have made many friends and I have no doubt you and your husband will do likewise. Follow the Forum and Gallery , if you see a ship or anything of interest do make a comment and the lads will quickly respond.
With kind regards and best wishes
Freddie woods

gdynia
10th July 2007, 05:29
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

billyboy
10th July 2007, 07:50
Welcome aboard from the Philippines Noreen. Enjoy all this great site has to offer, Sure your husband will enjoy many hours on this site. as its very addictive

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:07
Thank you so much Billyboy for such a lovely greeting. I can see already I am becoming addicted and I am sure my hubby will be worse than me
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:32
Thank you so much you people are amazing the responses have been terrific
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:38
Thank you Bruce for your offer of warmth,but I am a woman and never satisfied when we had temperatures that went through the roof during our summer I complained bitterly now it's cold I am complaining even more !!!! I am looking forward to being onboard and so far all I can say is you people are amazing
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:50
Thank you for welcoming me aboard and I hope to spend many happy hours navigating this site with all you terrific people
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:54
Thank you for your reply I have been made to feel more than welcome on my first voyage,there are still truly amazing people on and off the 'net'
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 19:59
Hi There I am from the North (hows the old place doing) I was born in Keighley
and 26 years on I still miss the place and it's people, Thank you for your greeting
this is just wonderful, (What's happening on Corry!!!!)
Warm Regards from the Rainbow Nation
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 20:06
Hello Sparkie in Cumbria I have been there and never will I forget that as we came into Cumbria the view took my breath away, truly beautiful !!!!
Well I will say Hi from a cold and wintry Jhb the only thing here that can take your breath away is the wind that would also take your head off your shoulders at the same time!
Thank you so much for your welcome
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 20:11
Hi Freddy your weather sounds like ours,miserable eh ! Thank you for your reply and welcome, my late in laws were Irish so I have a soft spot for the old place
I am looking forward to this new voyage it started for my husband but he cannot get near the computer for me, the dishes are piling up, no washing is gonna get done I am enjoying myself tooooo much
Kind Regards
Noreen

ELUN00001
11th July 2007, 20:15
Hello there, everyone has been so kind to this newcomer, I never expected the welcomes I have received. This started mainly for my husband but he is away on business in Cape Town so I am making the most of it while I can,cos when he returns home my fingers will be typing 10 to the dozen with all his replies, oh well no rest for the wicked they say
Thank you for your greeting
Kind Regards
Noreen

Gulpers
11th July 2007, 22:27
Noreen,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Christopher Roberts
13th July 2007, 16:51
Noreen & Allan , welcome aboard this great site - I spent some 17years in SA and in fact I'm married to a South African lady.We've been back in UK for some 23years. Look forward to your contribution to SN

Sipsoo
27th December 2007, 16:06
Hi Noreen,

I served on both the London and Tokyo... what memories I have, it was definitely the best time of my life..

regards

Ken