Hello all,

Gareth Jones
13th July 2007, 20:33
I spend a lot of time on the internet and can't understand why I haven't found this site before now. Anyway I'm here.

I'm an ex-R/O, - for hormonal and comfort reasons left the sea 27 years ago after 4 years coast station service (Northforeland Radio) and 15 years sea service. Then became an Audio Video repair technician working for the local authority. I retired last year as a minor manager in I.T.

My sea service was spent freelance on mainly greek owned Liberian flag vessels, mainly cargo but when times were hard did a couple of unpleasant stints on tankers.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and passing the time (just like local authority meetings !)

K urgess
13th July 2007, 21:37
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Gareth.
Radio shacks two decks up and has any gear you want it to have. Bar is two decks down and we'll see you in there when you've got your sealegs back. Plenty of us sparkies knocking about on here.

Bruce Carson
13th July 2007, 21:43
Welcome Onboard, Gareth.
Sparkies we have here in large numbers and I think you'll enjoy the many postings about their experiences.
Join in the discussions, the members are friendly and there is lots of friendly banter and camaraderie on the site.

Bruce

Bruce

thunderd
14th July 2007, 00:03
Gareth a very warm welcome from Tasmania, plenty here to keep you occupied and I hope you enjoy yourself

benjidog
14th July 2007, 00:37
Welcome from Lancashire Gareth.

I promise you it will not be like council meetings - if it were I would be one of the first to sling my hook!

I am sure you will enjoy the site and the banter.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
14th July 2007, 04:26
Welcome to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
14th July 2007, 09:54
Greetings Gareth and welcome to SN. Nice introduction you have given, join in and share the shipping stories we have. Bon voyage.