Hullo there,this is me,BrianD

brian daley
15th July 2007, 00:07
I discovered this site via the red duster site,from the little I have seen so far,it looks like a good place to be.
I left the British Merchant Navy at the very end of 1968,having joined my first ship exactly 10 years earlier.I did a total of 45 voyages on 35 different ships,liners,tankers,coasters and cruise vessels.
I would not change any of the experiences I had during my time at sea,the bad,the good ,they all went into building my character,and have given many treasured memories.
I have'nt bothered to get in touch with my past before now,but my 9 yearold grandson is showing so much interest in my seagoing career,that is has rekindled my memories and given me the spur to get intouch with some of my old shipmates. If you visit my blog you may see your picture posted there,if you do,get in touch and we'll relive old memories.In the meantime,I hope I'm going to meet some nw friends on this site,
Cheers,BrianD

Bruce Carson
15th July 2007, 01:30
Brian, Welcome Onboard.
It's more than likely you'll be hearing from old shipmates
You might check the forums for mention of the ships on which you sailed.

Bruce

gdynia
15th July 2007, 04:10
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
15th July 2007, 11:09
Welcome aboard from a wet East Yorkshire, Brian.
Won't take long to get your sealegs back and enjoy the trip.

R58484956
15th July 2007, 14:35
Greetings Brian and welcome from a member on the south coast. Nice introduction you gave. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

benjidog
15th July 2007, 17:08
Welcome from Lancashire.

I am sure you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian