King Line-London (B&C)

Clan Line
14th August 2007, 15:17
Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen.
I'm inquiring about two vessels, namely MV Elbe Ore And an obscure support type vessel that Cayzers bought in the early '70's named Hartland Point.
Anyone have photo's or ideas.

Thamesphil
14th August 2007, 15:40
The German industrial company Krupp had at least two large ore carriers named ELBE ORE. One was in fact an ore/oiler of 160,565 dwt, built in 1972 by Chant. d'Atlantique, Dunkirk and launched as the BRETAGNE. She was broken up in 1994.

Krupp's shipping business was later acquired by reclusive U.S./Chinese businessman Richard Neu and this current encarnation of the company has the more recent ELBE ORE (224,222 DWT), which is now named GRACE N. She was built at I.H.I. in 1983 as the FRONTIER MARU, being renamed ELBE ORE IN 1996 and GRACE N in 2005, when the Krupp shipping business was sold.

There was a HARTLAND POINT, built 1945, which was operated as some sort of support vessel. She had a dwt of 10,530 and a grt of 7,363. No other details are known at the present time, without delving further into the depths of my records.

Cheers,
Phil

R58484956
14th August 2007, 19:25
Greetings to you Clanline and welcome to SN. Thanks for signing on and enjoy the site. Bon voyage.

K urgess
14th August 2007, 19:40
Welcome aboard from the wilds of northern East Yorkshire.
I see our helpful crew have responded already. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Banni
14th August 2007, 20:06
I thought I had a photo of the Elbe Ore somewhere but can't find it. Found the scanned pages from the Clansman mag April 1975. sorry about the quality, i think I will have to invest in a new scanner. if you can't read the pages let me know and I will email them to you.

Wjb474
31st March 2013, 17:26
Hi
I'm trying to track down two of the King Line ships, the King William and the King George. Any photos, info, ex crew members, etc will always get a reply, and who knows we may even have been on them together at some stage.
I sailed on the William and the George in the late 70's firstly as a Greaser/Cleaner and latterly as a Senior Mechanic. Would love a catch up, pics or anything relating to those two ships or any of the Union Castle ships that sailed from Southampton, mostly the Southampton Castle.

Many thanks

Bill Baker

billyboy
31st March 2013, 22:23
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Wjb474
31st March 2013, 22:33
Many thanks for greeting and hope to have a pleasant and fruitful time on here.
Regards