Earlsfield,Esso Diplomat,

curranart
23rd August 2007, 18:25
Im looking for photos of ships i have been on. Im building an album for my kids
So many links on the net taking me nowhere, got a few but, you know the story, also need photos of any vintage or older boats from or registered In Newry Co Down. Need a photo of a coaster called the Earlsfield, one of the baltic star, one of Esso diplomat shell harpula, be gratefull. Thanks

K urgess
23rd August 2007, 18:43
Welcome to the crew from East Yorskhire.
A serarch of the gallery and forums will give you some answers. Enjoy the trip.

R58484956
23rd August 2007, 18:58
Greetings Curranart & welcome to SN from the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

Anderskane
23rd August 2007, 20:25
Hello Curranart and your very welcome to SN, for your coasters just go to the Gallery, scroll down to the coaster section, click on it and you'll find nearly all the coasters under the sun, plenty of pages to look at, these include the Fisherboats, but if you've any specific ones in mind, hit the search line and enter the ships name and see all the photos of that vessel on the page, for your Harpula, here's a Dutch site with photos and crewmen, perhaps you'll know some there, I've had a look and some Irishmen on her;

http://www.helderline.nl/

if this doesn't get you straight there do a search for the H ones,

good luck Kenny.

benjidog
23rd August 2007, 21:34
Welcome from the North of England.

I hope you enjoy the site and find what you are looking for.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
25th August 2007, 04:35
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
25th August 2007, 20:04
Welcome to our site, Curranart.
You'll almost certainly find much of what you're searching for here or from our members.

Bruce C

callpor
26th August 2007, 09:38
Welcomw Curranart.

As an ex-essoman I was intrigued by your reference to Esso Diplomat as it didn't ring any bells. Searched through all Auke Visser's index of Esso tankers and then dug out the book containing a history of the esso fleet and was unable to find any reference to a vessel with this name. Perhaps it was a very small vessel dedicated to Irish in-harbour service? If you have any luck find either a reference or better still a photograph, I would be interested. If it exists I am sure an SN participant will let you know.

Regards,

Chris Allport