Shell tanker Hemimactra

Alan Norman
8th January 2016, 22:17
Just wondered if anyone was on the Hemimactra between 27/1/65 and 3/9/65 - I joined at Tilbury as R/O during that period and just trying to remember where we went during the trip (grey matter not working as well as it did !! or was I too young to care when I was on the ship lol)
Thanks Alan

jimharriott
17th July 2016, 18:30
Just wondered if anyone was on the Hemimactra between 27/1/65 and 3/9/65 - I joined at Tilbury as R/O during that period and just trying to remember where we went during the trip (grey matter not working as well as it did !! or was I too young to care when I was on the ship lol)
Thanks Alan

Hi Alan,
I was the deckboy on Hemimactra from June to August 1965, while you were on her. I joined her at Stanlow, (Ellesmere Port), from where we sailed to El Cardon, Venezuela. From there we went to Quebec, Canada and then to San Fernando, Trinidad, returning to Stanlow in August.
It may interest you to know that I later joined the Royal Navy as a radio electrician. After my R.N. service I went to a Merchant Navy radio school in Manchester. Sadly, I failed.

Kind regards,
Jim Harriott.