Hello everyone

Jack B
2nd November 2007, 00:51
I'm from Liverpool and was on deck from Sep '55 to Sep '62, after the Vindi from July '55 to Sep '55.

I Googled Elders and Fyfes the other night and found the only skin boat I sailed on called the Reventazon.Joined and paid off in Garston June/July '56. It was my first cargo boat, so there was a lot to be learned having spent most of my time up to then on the Empress of Australia (De Grasse) and Ivernia. Both passenger ships on the North Atlantic run.

While on the Reventazon I remember a wooden locker in someones cabin where storks of unripe bananas were stored, wrapped in a blanket with a light left on. The idea was that the heat generated by the light left on and the locker door kept closed helped to ripen the bananas for us to eat. So I was told. Happy days they were.

Jack B

Peter4447
2nd November 2007, 00:56
Welcome aboard Jack. Enjoy the site and all that it has to offer.

Peter4447

Gulpers
2nd November 2007, 05:25
Jack,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

K urgess
2nd November 2007, 10:54
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jack.
Plenty of crew members with similair backgrounds so you should soon find old shipmates.
Meanwhile find your way around and enjoy the trip.

Steve Woodward
2nd November 2007, 11:52
Welcome to SN Jack, enjoy your time here

benjidog
2nd November 2007, 15:25
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Bruce Carson
2nd November 2007, 15:31
A warm welcome to our site, Jack.
I think you'll probably be hearing from old shipmates here.
Lots of threads on on SN about E&F and the atlantic liners, so make yourself at home and enjoy Ships Nostalgia.

Bruce

Rossbay
2nd November 2007, 22:27
Hello Jack and welcome to Ships Nostalgia and greetings from Londonderry,
Cheers, Fred

gdynia
3rd November 2007, 04:52
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage