Cargo Passenger

joe donovan
4th November 2007, 00:24
Hello all. I have never done this sort of thing before. But I served on the SS Albano running between london and Copenhagen. She carried a few passengers as well as cargo.
I have been out of touch for many years so I am asking. Is such a service available in this day and age?
Thanks for listening
Joe

non descript
4th November 2007, 00:27
Hi Joe, a warm welcome aboard to you; enjoy the site and all it has to offer. We look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
4th November 2007, 00:27
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Joe.
Now all down to big ferries or aeroplanes but I'm sure a crewmember will tell you if it can still be done.
Find your way around and enjoy the voyage.

fred henderson
4th November 2007, 00:29
A warm welcome Joe. I hope that you will enjoy your membership of the site and will participate in the activities. I think that some of the cargo-ferries to Scandanavia carry up to 12 passengers, but some of the members may have more information for you.

Fred(Thumb)

joe donovan
4th November 2007, 00:45
A warm welcome Joe. I hope that you will enjoy your membership of the site and will participate in the activities. I think that some of the cargo-ferries to Scandanavia carry up to 12 passengers, but some of the members may have more information for you.

Fred(Thumb)
Thanks Fred I hope so as my daughter would like to see what I saw.
I was told Copenhagen had changed but according to a recent traveller it still sounds the same.

gdynia
4th November 2007, 03:17
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
4th November 2007, 03:37
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Joe.
With our forums and photos, I think you'll be brought up to date fairly quickly and enjoy yourself in the process, too.

Bruce

Keith Adams
4th November 2007, 04:43
Hi Joe, I think there are a number of foreign flag ships that still take passengers and there is a web site but can't recall the name ... should be able to Google "Cargo Ship Passengers" and do a search through there. One has to be ready to go at the "Drop of a hat" and/or wait for days at a port "On the ready" to sail, which can be expensive. Regards, Snowy

Pat McCardle
4th November 2007, 11:11
DFDS, out of Grimsby & Harwich, take a few passengers on their Ro-Ro ships to Copenhagen. Google DFDS for their service. Welcome to the site.

joe donovan
4th November 2007, 16:43
Thanks Pat Will Do That

benjidog
4th November 2007, 18:40
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Frank P
5th November 2007, 12:21
Welcome onboard Joe, enjoy the site.