Cunard Memories

cybersalem
6th November 2007, 06:52
I thought I posted this yesterday. It is my first one and I think I sent it to an incorrect 'forum'. Here it is again:

I found this site quite by accident today and this is my first message. My old menus from various Cunard vessels were gathering dust in a carton, and I thought about putting them on EBay. One thing led to another and I landed at Ships Nostalgia.

Immediately I searched for any photos, tidbits about my beloved Cunard Ships. I got a smile out of someone's request looking for dear Alan Bennell. Alan and I were friends during the 1970s. At one time I actually 'worked' for Cunard for a day at the NY port terminal. It was during the strike and they needed extra personnel to help passengers board the QE2. I was there to check passports and tickets.

Eventually we lost track of one another. The last letter I received from him was in the early '80s when he told me he had the big 'C'. Needless to say, I was heartbroken. I have very fond memories of Alan, his friends, and the Franconia, Adventurer, Countess and QE2.

Maybe I won't sell those old menus.

K urgess
6th November 2007, 10:19
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
I moved your post into the Hello forum so that you get a proper greeting.
Glad you've found your way around and recognise some names.
Enjoy the trip.

non descript
6th November 2007, 10:24
cybersalem, a warm welcome aboard to you; enjoy the site and all it has to offer. We look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

gdynia
6th November 2007, 11:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Bruce Carson
6th November 2007, 12:59
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, cybersalem.
Browse through our forums and galleries--there's a wealth of information on Cunard to be found here. Chances are you'll probably be hearing from old shipmates before long.

Bruce

Derek Roger
6th November 2007, 14:13
Welcome from Canada . Regards Derek

R58484956
6th November 2007, 16:12
Greetings Cybersalem and welcome from a member in the south of England who spent many years sailing wih the great Cunard SS Co;, I only ever sailed on the mighty QE (1) and that was a pleasure. Bon voyage.

cybersalem
6th November 2007, 22:03
A very nice welcome. Thank you. This is fun! Is it OK if I copy this post to Cunard forum?

benjidog
6th November 2007, 22:14
Welcome from Lancashire.

Don't sell your menus - get a decent binder and keep them for your children and grandchildren as a souvenir. You'll only get a few quid for them on eBay.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Rossbay
7th November 2007, 19:43
Welcome to Ships Nostalgia and greetings from Londonderry,
Cheers,
Fred.

Malcolm S
12th December 2008, 02:45
Regarding CUNARD memories
Some body some time back asked after Ron Bolton.
Sadly, I heard yesterday, he passed away on the 2nd November - lung cancer.
Also that Captain Peter Jackson also has cancer and not doing too well.