Hello

erkki mikkola
7th November 2007, 12:14
Hello from city of Turku, Finland. Im a new member and signed in today. This site seemed very interested and I desidid to sign in, altough i don't do very much chatting in Internet.
I am 52 years old, teaching graphic design at Turku Arts academy. I have also studied at the local seaman school here in Turku 1974 - 1975 onboard four masted barque "Suomen Joutsen", ex "Oldenburg" ex "Laennec" and have a background in my youth as deckhand in AB level. Now I am trying to start a career as a maritime artist and I think this site is a very good source of information concerning old ships' construction and details.
Erkki(Thumb)

gdynia
7th November 2007, 12:19
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
7th November 2007, 12:22
Welcome aboard from northern England, Erkki.
We have some marine artists among the crew so you will fit in well.
Also a lot of us who are fans of sailing ships.
Find your way around our happy ship and enjoy the voyage.

Frank P
7th November 2007, 13:41
Welcome onboard Erkki, enjoy the site. My first ship the M/S Pulptrader was built in Turku which is a very nice city.
Cheers Frank(Thumb)

Bruce Carson
7th November 2007, 14:14
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Erkki.
I think you'll find much to help you in our Galleries and Forums and you'll almost certainly enjoy the experience, too.

Bruce

R58484956
7th November 2007, 14:18
Greetings Erkki and welcome to SN from the south of England. enjoy the site and bon voyage.

stein
7th November 2007, 19:11
Welcome Erkki from another Scandinavian with some of the same experiences. Please do post some of your drawings/paintings, and some photographs of the Joutsen, and perhaps Sigyn as well. Regards, Stein.

Rossbay
7th November 2007, 20:34
Hello Erkki welcome to Ships Nostalgia and greetings from Londonderry,
Cheers,
Fred.

benjidog
7th November 2007, 22:31
Welcome from the North of England. I was in Turku in Summer 2006 and it is a very friendly place.

I hope you enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian