New Member: Marine Jocky

MARINEJOCKY
26th November 2007, 02:32
I wish that I had a 10mb digital camera back in 1969 with flash cards to record 400 pics at a time plus a 21" LCD color monitor to look them over. I have just joined after stumbling over the site yesterday and have already told two of my old sailing buddies about it and asked my dad in England to send my few old photos over to the USA so I can post some more. I have been looking closely at the old black & white ones but the only people I recognize are the girls in the philipines or was that wishfull thinking.

Gulpers
26th November 2007, 03:06
Marinejockey,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
26th November 2007, 03:07
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Marine Jockey.
I've moved your post to the "Say Hello" forum as your introduction will be seen by more members in this section.
I'ts good to see you've already started posting on other threads: please enjoy all that we have to offer.

Bruce

MARINEJOCKY
26th November 2007, 03:21
Thanks for the welcome, I live over in Florida and sometimes I think I miss out on things in the UK so this site brings back many memories, some sad but more happy ones and I have already introduced two of my friends to it.

gdynia
26th November 2007, 03:22
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Frank P
26th November 2007, 11:00
Welcome onboard marinejocky, enjoy the site.

Cheers Frank

R58484956
26th November 2007, 11:45
Marinejocky greetings from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and all that goes with it. Bon voyage.

K urgess
26th November 2007, 12:24
Welcome to the crew.
I see you've found your way around so sit back and enjoy the trip.

Gulpers
26th November 2007, 15:41
Thanks for the welcome, I live over in Florida and sometimes I think I miss out on things in the UK so this site brings back many memories, some sad but more happy ones and I have already introduced two of my friends to it.

Florida! (==D)

Bit of a change from Western Ferries' days then! (Gleam)

benjidog
26th November 2007, 23:33
Welcome from Florida.

We look forward to seeing your old photos and will be happy to tell you how to get the most out of them if you want help. Much rather see them that another 100 similar 10Mpixel photos of QE2!

Enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

MARINEJOCKY
27th November 2007, 04:45
Gulpers I see you were on the asiafreighter & liner, I went onboard them I think it was in southampton and often wondered what happened to them, any ideas

Gulpers
27th November 2007, 19:20
MARINEJOCKEY,

History and some links to photographs of all four ships here (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=12618&highlight=seatrain). There are quite a few threads with info on these vessels - use the Search Forums and Search Gallery functions when you get a chance. (==D)

Wasn't aware of the Seatrain ships running into Southampton - new one on me! (Thumb)

MARINEJOCKY
29th November 2007, 03:29
I was down "south" doing a relief job on the coast for one of Houlders ships and I thought it was Southampton, was it Avonmouth. I went onboard to see if I knew anybody from Glasgow college. They were all rather busy as I believe they were replacing a turbine.