Hello to all

roddyk05
29th November 2007, 00:54
Been a member for a couple of weeks now, just thought I'd put pen to paper ( or finger to button in this case ) and say hello. Living on the Clyde at TOB, my interest in ships started when I was a boy when my dad used to take me to the container terminal to the Seatrain boats because he always knew men on them, usually from the Isle of Barra. Never leaving empty handed, a pack of Skol playing cards was my payment for steering my dad home after a night in the bar with his old pals. Those boats are long gone now, but my love of the river continues. I never got round to owning a boat, doubt if I ever will have the time, but I enjoy regular sails on CalMac's upper Clyde fleet, usually I'm heading to Dunoon to the caravan or taking the dogs to Ettrick Bay on Bute for a run on the beach. CalMac also provides the means for us to go on holiday each year, usually to Barra, but the other islands have mostly been visited too. Anyway, glad to be on board, and I have very much enjoyed looking through the galleries so far, and who knows, I might even get round to posting a couple of good shots of my own - if I ever take a good shot!! RoddyK.

Derek Roger
29th November 2007, 02:37
Welcome from Canada Roddy . Hope you enjoy your voyage with SN .
Regards Derek

non descript
29th November 2007, 07:35
Roddy, a warm welcome aboard to you and well done for the nice introduction piece; enjoy the site and all it has to offer. We look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
29th November 2007, 11:28
Welcome to the crew, Roddy.
Sounds like you've got the sea in your nostrils.
Hope you continue to enjoy the ship and travels.

gdynia
29th November 2007, 12:16
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
29th November 2007, 14:55
Greetings Roddy and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site. Nice introduction you gave. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
29th November 2007, 15:04
Roddy, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Your intro brings back memories of the Clyde.
Good to hear that you're enjoying our site.

Bruce

benjidog
29th November 2007, 22:43
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Gulpers
30th November 2007, 23:33
Roddy,

A warm welcome to the site from a Gourockian exiled on the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership.
My goodness, did we have bars on the Seatrain ships? ........ Oh yes, how could I forget!
(Thumb)