Honeymoon trip

Reneh
5th May 2016, 11:17
We are planning our honeymoon in a small ship cruise, a package to Great American Waterways. The package that we have found is quite affordable for us. But since itís the first time that we are travelling in a small ship cruise, I would like to know more about small ships. Here is the brochure, http://www.blountsmallshipadventures.com/assets/media/brochure/2015brochure/files/assets/common/downloads/Blount%20Small%20Ship%20Adventures%202015%20Catalo g.pdf
I found online for the cruise ship. Could anyone please check out and let me know whether this would make a perfect honeymoon trip.

ART6
5th May 2016, 13:38
The nearest thing to this my wife and I managed was a cruise on the Nile in Egypt, on a small cruise ship about the same size as the Blount boats and with about the same number of passengers. I have to say that, as an ex-seaman, it was one of life's magical experiences.

With such a small number of passengers everyone soon became friends, and whole parties of us would go off together on shore trips to visit the archeological sites etc. The ships staff were invariably friendly, not stuffy and formal like I am told they often are on the big cruise ships, and the captain's parties for the passengers were legendary!

Personally I would never go within miles of one of the massive four thousand passenger cruise ships, but I would take another trip on a small one tomorrow if I could! Go for it. I'm sure you won't regret it.

And congratulations on your marriage. May you live long and prosper!

John Rogers
5th May 2016, 13:50
I have done seven small ship cruises over the years mostly on the rivers of Europe and they were excellent. We have also done a couple on the east coast of USA,and we are leaving on cruise of the Great Lakes the end of this month.

Enjoy your trip and have a great Honeymoon.

johnkathmartin
9th May 2016, 10:08
Hi there.
I have been on board the Blount small ships, and know their operation well. They are great !
Just a couple of things to bear in mind.
The ships mainly have an older clientele, and on board entertainment can be a bit limited. The cabins are quite small mostly, comfortable of course, but not a lot of space to move around in.
The crews, the food, the itineries are all wonderful - you will see and reach fascinating places that other cruise lines/river boats simply cannot reach, and will experience the real heartland of America.
It is NOT like a standard cruise line experience at all, and all the better for it. There shouldn't be any more than 80 on board on their cruises, so you will get to know the crew and your fellow passengers without any bother.
In short, if you have an open mind, have an adventurous spirit, and like interacting with people and places then its for you.

Cheers,

John H

R58484956
9th May 2016, 16:36
Greetings Reneh and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Reneh
17th May 2016, 04:43
Thank you for all replies.