Hello Salty Dogs

Richard Kendall
25th February 2008, 14:24
Howdy there, Richard Kendall reporting in, joined Cayzer Irvine in 1970, did all tickets at GCNS, various Clan/Bowater/King ships within B&C fleet, on redundancy in 1982 joined CI Shipping/LSM on reefers, still on them, last 3 were side-loaders "Cala" class on banana run Davao to Japan/Korea all quite hectic and changed days from the old Clan ships. We generally do our own piloting/berthing in Japan which makes for fun at times. Am generally the only Brit on board, most of the others are Sri Lankans or Filipinos, OK bunch though.

Will take a stroll through the site and see what archive stuff I can find, being the grumpy old man that I am just hate those smiley faces, think the thundercloud one is best suited to me!! Regards to all, RJK

non descript
25th February 2008, 14:32
Richard, a warm welcome to you (==D) . Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

Bruce Carson
25th February 2008, 14:34
From Michigan and another grumpy old man, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Richard.
This site may even bring a smile or two to that salt impregnated visage as you browse the galleries and forums.
Welcome onboard.

Bruce

R58484956
25th February 2008, 14:36
Greetings Richard and a warm welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and all that goes with it. Bon voyage.

K urgess
25th February 2008, 15:35
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Richard.
Plenty of us grumpy old men among the crew already so you'll be in good company.
Enjoy exploring and have a good trip.

steve Coombs
25th February 2008, 18:13
Hello

benjidog
25th February 2008, 18:51
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

MCM Matze
25th February 2008, 19:10
Although being a new member myself: welcome.

cheers
Matze

Gulpers
25th February 2008, 20:36
Richard,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

gdynia
26th February 2008, 03:46
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage