capnrob

capnrob
25th February 2008, 23:40
Hi To all,
I have just joined the group after finding the site purely by accident. I am due to retire soon and have a fair amount of nostalgia to look back on. I would be only too glad to share any info that may be of interest.
I already spotted threads on Gan Island and Court Line ships which attracted my attention, having been on both in my time.
Hi to Benjidog who may like to add "Halcyon Wave" ex "Naess Clansman" to the list of Court Line vessels. I was in that one in 1971.
I look forward to joining in with what looks like an extremely interesting execise.
Greetings to all.
Best regards from York,
capnrob

(Pint)

Peter4447
25th February 2008, 23:46
Welcome aboard Capn Rob from Glorious Devon.
Peter4447

Derek Roger
25th February 2008, 23:50
A Warm Welcome from Canada Rob ; look forward to your posts when you find your way around the site . There a lots here to help if you have any problems .

Regards Derek

capnrob
26th February 2008, 00:19
A Warm Welcome from Canada Rob ; look forward to your posts when you find your way around the site . There a lots here to help if you have any problems .

Regards Derek

Thanks very much for the prompt response.
Mrs. and I hope to come to Canada in May / June to revisit some of the places on the West Coast that we visited on our honeymoon trip with Canadian Pacific timber ships in 1971.
Rgds
Rob

benjidog
26th February 2008, 00:28
Hi To all,
I have just joined the group after finding the site purely by accident. I am due to retire soon and have a fair amount of nostalgia to look back on. I would be only too glad to share any info that may be of interest.
I already spotted threads on Gan Island and Court Line ships which attracted my attention, having been on both in my time.
Hi to Benjidog who may like to add "Halcyon Wave" ex "Naess Clansman" to the list of Court Line vessels. I was in that one in 1971.
I look forward to joining in with what looks like an extremely interesting execise.
Greetings to all.
Best regards from York,
capnrob

(Pint)

Hi there.

Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you enjoy the site.

I will certainly be adding Halycyon Wave - I have info on her and thought she was on the list.

Naess Clansman though? Are you sure she was Court Line? I didn't come across her before amongst the information about Court Line I have to hand and the name is different in form from all of the other ships. Or was she a very late addition maybe?

Regards,

Brian

capnrob
26th February 2008, 00:37
Hi there.

Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you enjoy the site.

I will certainly be adding Halycyon Wave - I have info on her and thought she was on the list.

Naess Clansman though? Are you sure she was Court Line? I didn't come across her before amongst the information about Court Line I have to hand and the name is different in form from all of the other ships. Or was she a very late addition maybe?

Regards,

Brian

Sorry for any confusion ... Halcyon Wave was previously known as "Naess Clansman"
Rob

gdynia
26th February 2008, 03:41
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
26th February 2008, 10:38
Greetings Rob and a warm welcome to SN. Thanks for signing on and enjoy the trip. Bon voyage.

Pisces
26th February 2008, 11:15
Welcome Rob I only joined site less that week ago,nice to see another oil Industry Master on site a friend of mine on site Jonty was writing a book some years hence on the Supply vessels etc, and it got shelved which was a great pity.John is a brilliant writer with a lot of info at his finger tips(sorry Jonty)
Calm Seas.
Captcliff

Bruce Carson
26th February 2008, 14:53
From a cold and snowy Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Capnrob.
I think you'll enjoy our site and probably run into old shipmates here.
We'll be looking forward to your postings.

Bruce

Gulpers
26th February 2008, 18:55
Rob,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)