New Member from the UK!

James89uk
15th March 2008, 22:29
Hi all,

I'm James, am 18 years old and currently live in the UK. I have recently applied to start a sponsored Deck Officer Training programme with a major cruise line, to start in September 2008 at Warsash Maritime Academy (in Southampton). The course will then enable me to start working as an Ship's Deck Officer within the cruising industry!

For those that are interested, I will be keeping a blog of events (which will be in line with company policy): www.jamesf.co.uk

Looking forward to being part of this community, in the months and years ahead!

All the best,

James

non descript
15th March 2008, 22:35
James, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

Santos
15th March 2008, 22:42
Welcome James, I really look forward to your progress and hope that you achieve all that you set out to do. I will visit your blog. Good luck and fair winds.

Chris.

ron fletcher
15th March 2008, 23:11
Welcome James wish it was me starting all over again.Enjoy every minute.

K urgess
15th March 2008, 23:22
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, James.
The best of luck with your training.
I hope you enjoy your seatime as much as the majority of us did.
Join in and enjoy the voyage once you've found your way around the ship.

benjidog
16th March 2008, 01:11
Welcome from Lancashire UK and good luck with your future career!

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
16th March 2008, 05:11
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Gulpers
16th March 2008, 05:29
James,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
16th March 2008, 13:16
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, James.
I wish you all the best at Warsash and also hope that SN will provide you with many hours of enjoyment.

Bruce

R58484956
16th March 2008, 13:28
Greetings James and welcome to SN. Good luck with your studies, stick it out and one day you will be Master of your own liner. Bon voyage.

James89uk
20th March 2008, 23:29
Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :-)

Plenty of info on here to have a look through over the coming months - much of it is invaluable...

sparkie2182
20th March 2008, 23:33
hello james......... frim cumbria

S.H. Will
20th March 2008, 23:38
Hi James,I envy you mate wish i had my time again ,take as many photos as you can ,for sites like these for when you get a bit older ,good luck

Topherjohn
21st March 2008, 13:10
Hi all,

I'm James, am 18 years old and currently live in the UK. I have recently applied to start a sponsored Deck Officer Training programme with a major cruise line, to start in September 2008 at Warsash Maritime Academy (in Southampton).

All the best,

James
Welcome to SN and my very best wishes for your future career at sea. I like your blog; hopefully it will give a flavour of today's training and your work when you get to sea. Cruise ships are a big contrast to those of us with a cargo background. I was a School of Navigation cadet at Warsash 1959; I came ashore 1970 with Masters FG. There is a SoN forum on SN recently started so not much content yet; why not post a message there? In my apprenticeship (Furness) we had to hand-write a Cadets Log inspected periodically by the Marine Superintendent. Like many I found it a bit of a chore what with all the other distractions and fun things like scraping, chipping and painting, not to mention shore-side, wild hoolies and girls! I still have the log albeit a bit dog-eared.
If you work hard, play hard and uphold the good name of Warsash you won't go far wrong. Even though today the Academy is a very differant place we both have a great deal to thank Captain Wakeford for.

vectiscol
21st March 2008, 13:43
Best of luck, James. My brother and my son attended Warsash, and both had a great time there.

23rd March 2008, 07:24
Ahoy! me Lad,welcome aboard this fine and informative Virtual Vessel ,ye will be hung drawn and quatered if ye dont abide by the Captains rules,now shake a leg and be geting on with yer duties lad,no time for dilling dallying around! LOL.
Enjoy .
joller6