New Recuit!

John Brighton
24th March 2008, 09:34
New here old everywhere else!thanks for welcome a board although never served in R.N.my family did in WW11 and after on the Eagle in the sixties, my interest is in H M S Troubridge(Troutbridge to the navy lark) am currently buying up episodes as was bought up on those radio shows.I think the photos are great and would love to have copies please especilly the one by Jadalo.Have found a picture of her badge ,don`t know if you read my profile guranteed to help you sleep! but i help charities by re-enacting WW11 characters at events and big band shows at the Palladium etc.,(Glen Miller type stuff).Well one character i do is a 1940`s copper but as this was getting a bit warm in the summer ,i decide to put to-gether a 1940`s C P O rig (cost close on 130.yep Kings Crown buttons and cap badge) a lot cooler and portray my hero C P O Pertwee(must shorten those trousers).I do it correctly and smartly as it is intended as tribute to those that served in the war and at Chatham last Sept. i had a real good natter from an ex rating of H M S Jamacia. if some could point me to the pic of Troubridge referred as a barge would be very grateful,Happy Easter whats left of it nice and suny in Watford ,Herts..,

Steve Woodward
24th March 2008, 09:46
John,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us. To find a picture of any ship simply enter the gallery page, then click on the section you think your ship may be in and at the top right hand corner of, in this case the RN page, there is a search box enter your subject here.
If you need any further help just ask a moderator via a Private message - it's what were are here for -Best of luck
Steve

non descript
24th March 2008, 11:09
John, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

R58484956
24th March 2008, 12:36
Greetings John and a warm welcome to SN. Nice introduction you gave. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

gdynia
24th March 2008, 13:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
24th March 2008, 13:52
Welcome to the crew, John.
Sounds like an interesting pastime. I'm sure you'll fit in aboard this ship.
Enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
24th March 2008, 19:56
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, John.
A fine introduction and I think you'll find much to interest you on our site.

Bruce

benjidog
24th March 2008, 20:43
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Gulpers
24th March 2008, 23:34
John,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)