Hello

hopey85
5th March 2017, 03:04
Hi,
I am a student studying Nautical Science for my second mates ticket in New Zealand. This is my first year of study and I am very excited to be going to sea hopefully in September as a cadet. I found this site when I was searching for SD14 information for an assignment and it has been very helpful so far. I look forward to going through more of the forums and seeing what is available.
Thank you
Sarah-Hope

billyboy
5th March 2017, 06:54
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all all this great site has to offer

Pompeyfan
5th March 2017, 07:33
Sarah

On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard.

TOM ALEXANDER
5th March 2017, 07:44
Hi! Sarah - Welcome to the site - hopefully none of us old mariners will lead you astray. [=D]

I did my 2nd. mates exams, written and oral (and passed) back in 1959 and I do wonder what subjects "Nautical science" encompasses?? All of our subjects were split up into many different areas such as navigation, ship construction, stability, cargo stowage and handling, safety equipment from firefighting to lifeboats, International code, morse by light and semaphore, ship's electricity, and, believe it, or not, English grammar. Oh! we also learned a lot about ship maintenance in practical ways like chipping, scraping, painting, splicing rope and wire, deck scrubbing, brass cleaning, etc., etc., etc. I've probably forgotten others.

Anyway, all the best in your endeavours. (Wave)

R58484956
5th March 2017, 13:07
Greetings Sarah and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.