Good bye

sparks69
27th April 2017, 19:15
Gone to the other place

Erimus
27th April 2017, 19:52
Many have and many are also on here as well....it isn't a competition (or is it!)

geoff

nick olass
27th April 2017, 19:55
Geoff, I've been missing for a while now, what is this other place?

Erimus
27th April 2017, 20:34

shippinghistory.com

run by the old crew here...following problems with SN Techies it appears.
Welcome will be made by old friends....and you can stay here too!

geoff

Les Gibson
27th April 2017, 21:26
Never understood why people post on a forum (any forum) to say they are leaving?

Twocky61
28th April 2017, 09:31
I suppose it is to say thankyou as well as goodbye Les

Varley
28th April 2017, 10:23
That is a fine reason but I am going to do both. It just means less drinking time (what am I saying? Less sleep. Sleep is what I mean).

RHP
28th April 2017, 13:50
I seen less dramatic divorces than this.

nick olass
28th April 2017, 14:42
shippinghistory.com

run by the old crew here...following problems with SN Techies it appears.
Welcome will be made by old friends....and you can stay here too!

geoff

Many thanks Geoff

Steve
28th April 2017, 15:31
#4 (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) ... Methinks wrong...Sold by the original SN management..

wrong again, your on a roll, see if you can get the treble up.

Steve
28th April 2017, 16:42
I'm on no roll.. Members have asked for answers and you have finally kindly supplied ..
Mni tks..

You have got the wrong end of the stick entirely, I'm not responsible for this site, I do not maintain this site,nor am I in anyway obliged to explain anything!

Steve
28th April 2017, 17:17
The main point though, just so we are both on the same page, is that the site is not maintained as it should be,it is falling apart, the new management do not have the time, inclination, or expertise in fixing broken links, running the gallery,
directory etc.. truth is it is disheartening to me and others who set it up to see it falling apart, that is why we opened the new board, it needs to (using a term all can understand) get a refit, engine overhaul, very quickly before it is too late!

Even I can't get through to them and I used to speak to them everyday,so normal members have no chance.

Samsette
30th April 2017, 02:36

It mostly meant the hereafter and, I thought I was seeing someone post his own departure to it.

spongebob
30th April 2017, 03:39
So did I, I was preparing an epitaph !
Like " He lived a life of going to do and died with nothing done"

Bob

Varley
30th April 2017, 09:59
I'd prefer "....going to dos and did nothing else". But none can beat Fitzgerald's Omar:

"I came like water and like wind I go".

slick
30th April 2017, 10:03
Man Overtboard!!!
Yours aye,
slick

Engine Serang
30th April 2017, 11:29
I love Brexit.

Let's all have an SN Referendum. Winner takes all.

And don't forget, SN means SN.

garry Norton
2nd May 2017, 14:29
The new site does not want me as I can not register so will stop where I am.

2nd May 2017, 15:25
The new site does not want me as I can not register so will stop where I am.
Have you checked your spam folder? The registration link is in there.

Stephen J. Card
2nd May 2017, 17:14
The main point though, just so we are both on the same page, is that the site is not maintained as it should be,it is falling apart, the new management do not have the time, inclination, or expertise in fixing broken links, running the gallery,
directory etc.. truth is it is disheartening to me and others who set it up to see it falling apart, that is why we opened the new board, it needs to (using a term all can understand) get a refit, engine overhaul, very quickly before it is too late!

Even I can't get through to them and I used to speak to them everyday,so normal members have no chance.

Thanks Steve for the update.

Do you of any way the images in the Gallery can be downloaded and transfer to SH... without making a mess with copyrights?

I'd gladly transfer my own images in an instant. Just not sure how to do it... and easily!

Stephen

John Rogers
2nd May 2017, 17:18
Thanks Steve for the update.

Do you of any way the images in the Gallery can be downloaded and transfer to SH... without making a mess with copyrights?

I'd gladly transfer my own images in an instant. Just not sure how to do it... and easily!

Stephen

Stephen it's a long process but well worth it. Open up your photos,right click and save image to your desk top one at a time. Then re-upload to SH.(Thumb)

Stephen J. Card
2nd May 2017, 17:25
Stephen it's a long process but well worth it. Open up your photos,right click and save image to your desk top one at a time. Then re-upload to SH.(Thumb)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I was afraid of that.

Thanks.

Stephen

dave kirkham
9th May 2017, 03:32
Hi Guys,
I am not really sure what is occurring here? Are we saying that the website isn't being properly maintained? Or are the contributors not behaving?
It seems to me, that one of the arts involved in being a good seaman, was the ability to go on the piss, with a new shipmate you had only just met, and trust him, and treat him fairly as a regular 'Board of Trade acquaintance,. So on that subject, be nice to each other, that's the only way to run a happy ship.
:)
Dave