Palm Line Facebook Page "Palm Line, United Africa Co."

Howard S
26th May 2017, 05:06
After spending enjoyable times on Elders and Blue Funnel Facebook Pages (where my seafaring baby steps began, 1970-73) I finally decided I would take the initiative and start a Facebook page for Palm Line. I have kicked off the ball with a load of pictures varying from Volta Palm to Apapa Palm! Have about 10 members so far. Would love to see some more Palm peeps join and add some pictures of the Palm people and reminiscences of our time on the Coast. There can be few trades that compare with the Coast.
I was PCO there from 73-79 until the dreaded axe came (albeit a generous one) in Denys Way's office and UASC took me on a week later. It was all good! No regrets whatsoever.
Hopefully we can get our Facebook page as strong as Elders.
Best regards,
Howard Spittle
(very retired PCO enjoying retirement in Jamaica - land of everyday sunshine, amazing beaches, Bolt, Appleton and Red Stripe. Need I say more?!)

Howard S
25th July 2017, 09:58
Pleased to say we now have 66 members on our "Palm Line Limited, United Africa Company" Facebook page. Thanks to Alan Weekes we also have hundreds of pictures of all the ships both pre Palm and Palm. This will form a permanent electronic record of a great company in the years ahead and once we have all shuffled off.

Howard S
5th August 2017, 02:21
[QUOTE=Howard S;2487297]After spending enjoyable times on Elders and Blue Funnel Facebook Pages (where my seafaring baby steps began, 1970-73) I finally decided I would take the initiative and start a Facebook page for Palm Line. I have kicked off the ball with a load of pictures varying from Volta Palm to Apapa Palm! Have about 10 members so far. Would love to see some more Palm peeps join and add some pictures of the Palm people and reminiscences of our time on the Coast. There can be few trades that compare with the Coast.
I was PCO there from 73-79 until the dreaded axe came (albeit a generous one) in Denys Way's office and UASC took me on a week later. It was all good! No regrets whatsoever.
Hopefully we can get our Facebook page as strong as Elders.
Best regards,
Howard Spittle