Say HELLO

Kevin Davies
1st July 2008, 13:49
Hi to everyone from Adelaide, South Australia. My interest in shipping stems from 25 years working with Customs. I was Sub-collector at the outports of Wallaroo and Port Lincoln on Spencer Gulf in South Australia where some of you may have visited to load grain. I climbed many jacobs ladders with pilot and doctor on first port vessels. Met many fine seamen during those days.
Now retired I still board ships at Port Adelaide as a member of Stella Maris Seafarers Centre.
Look forward to spending interesting times with Ships Nostalgia.

non descript
1st July 2008, 14:21
Kevin, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage

Steve Woodward
1st July 2008, 14:36
Kevin,
Gooday to you, welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

K urgess
1st July 2008, 14:53
Welcome aboard from northern England, Kevin.
I'm sure the crew will forgive you the sin of being a customs man. (LOL)
Explore the ship but beware it's addictive.
Enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
1st July 2008, 15:57
Greetings Kevin and welcome from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

john fraser
1st July 2008, 18:52
Welcome Kevin.Visited Wallaroo in 1981,I think,on Bennevis loaded for Basrah.
Twelve day alongside.Remember the Customs man at the time also the local butcher and doctor.Used to drink in the local bars with them.Sometimes supplied our own Four Bells rum.I remember the first name in the customs black book was the same as our old mans,intials were A.B.

billyboy
1st July 2008, 23:15
WEelcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
1st July 2008, 23:48
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Kevin Davies
2nd July 2008, 09:25
Thank you all for your welcome. Hope I can contribute to SN as time goes by. Cheers.

doric
2nd July 2008, 09:56
Welcome from Melbourne Australia to Kevin Davies ( a good Welsh name ), by Gee, you fellows used to give us seafarers a hard time, now you have joined us, you might hear a few clues as to how we beat you!!, you certainly won't find any duty free cigarettes or grog on this great ship, we forgive you, so enjoy yourself here, they are a great crew. Terence Williams.R538301.