hello and help

brickfield motors
3rd July 2008, 17:16
hi everybody, I am new to this forum stuff as i have just registered with you my first ever time. As i have a problem and i amhoping that this forum will have a body with the answer.
We as a garage have been presented with a veh from the local police station as a community project for young kids, It is the restoration of a old Royal Navy vehicle. We were told that this vehicle served on Ark royal as a bomb carrier, it was manufactured in 1973 by Montgomerie reid ltd.Can anybody confirm this for us. It looks similar to an old milk float with a ford engine in it.
Any help in this matter to trace its history or a pointer in the direction of where to start.Would be much appreciated.
cheers rikee

non descript
3rd July 2008, 17:29
Rikee, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and your project with the Ark Royal bomb carrier sounds most interesting; hopefully some of our Grey-Funnel experts will be able to render some assistance and comment. In the meantime please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

K urgess
3rd July 2008, 17:46
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, rikee.
I'm sure someone in the crew will be able to help.
Posting a picture in the gallery might help.
Meanwhile explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

R58484956
3rd July 2008, 18:27
Greetings Rikee and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
3rd July 2008, 22:49
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
4th July 2008, 00:25
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
4th July 2008, 05:11
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer