New Member - who is out there

Glyndwr
9th July 2008, 07:38
Hi guys

I worked on cargo and passenger ships from 1972 to 1982 for Union Castle. In particular "Edinburgh Castle" and several Clan Line cargo ships including Kinnaird Castle, King Charles and Causeway. I served as Radio Officer. My name is Glyn Lewis. Is there anyone out there I know. I am interested findi ng those fantastic people who were on the Kinnaird Castle at Lobito in Angola; a situation which seemed drastic but which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Look forward to hearing from you

non descript
9th July 2008, 07:55
Glyn, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and you will find a whole clutch of like minded folk (and sparkies) on here; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. Bon Voyage.

gdynia
9th July 2008, 08:14
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
9th July 2008, 11:15
Welcome aboard, Glyn.
Plenty of us sparkies in the crew and once you find the radio room I hope you'll join in.
No watches to keep on this ship so just enjoy the trip.

R58484956
9th July 2008, 11:56
Greetings Glyn and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
9th July 2008, 13:28
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Glyn.
Good to have you as a member and I think you'll be hearing from old shipmates before long.

Bruce

doric
9th July 2008, 14:06
Hello Glyndwr,
Welcome boyo, from downunder, born Swansea Wales 1927, but lived Melbourne Australia since late 1955. Yoy will enjoy this voyage, it is the best crew you could ever sail with. Terence Williams.

benjidog
9th July 2008, 23:55
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian