Bill Payne
13th July 2008, 19:08
Hi.I am interested in information about the Royal Navy in World War One and Two .My godmother is the daughter of Captain C.M. de Bartolome ,captain of H.M.S. Warspite after Captain Phillpotts who took part in Jutland.Miss de Bartolome is alive and living in Worcestershire,a link with the past. Captain de Bartolome was involved with the illfated R101 airship after the first War and I have seen photos of him standing amidst the wreckage in northern France with Lloyd George.Any more info about Captain de Bartolome would be helpful.On another tack,I was at college with a chap called Parrott who said his father was on H.M.S. Hood but because of illness(suspected appendicitis) was left behind at port (Newcastle?) when it sailed on its fateful trip to meet the Bismark. I cannot see Parrott's name in the crew list and wonder if it was true.Hope to chat with you people .

non descript
13th July 2008, 19:22
Bill, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and for posting a nice introduction piece. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer - I am sure you will find a host of kindred spirits and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
13th July 2008, 19:37
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Bill.
A nice introduction. I'm sure the crew will find it of interest.
Explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
13th July 2008, 21:23
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Bill.
Chances are you'll be hearing from our members regarding your queries.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions.

Bruce

benjidog
13th July 2008, 22:27
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

billyboy
13th July 2008, 23:58
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
14th July 2008, 00:53
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
14th July 2008, 13:45
Greetings Bil and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.