Hello

Eduardo Diez
14th July 2008, 17:30
Hello to everyone!!!!
I have a deep interest in classic yachts.
Now , I am in the process of a total re-built of a classical and historical yacht. The last name of it was ZEIN, but her names on her most glorious days were RION and DEO JUVANTE. As RION she was an heroic ship during WW II, and as DEO JUVANTE she was the Royal Yacht of Monaco. She was a wedding present from Aristotle Onassis to Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco. They spent their honeymoon on this yacht.
Due terrible marine malpractices (i.E. using doublers and triplers instead of inserts) the yacht was in terrible structural condition and we had to re-built her from the keel up. She will be finnished in the next couple of months and begin trading in the Galapagos Islands.
Any information and pictures on the history of the yacht is most welcome. We have been able to gather a good deal of it, but there should be a lot more out there.

Many thanks.

Eduardo Diez

Bruce Carson
14th July 2008, 18:03
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Eduardo.
Perhaps our members can add something to her history for you.
We'll be looking forward to pictures of the yacht.

Bruce

non descript
14th July 2008, 18:07
Eduardo, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

R58484956
14th July 2008, 18:10
Buenos Dias Eduardo and welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

K urgess
14th July 2008, 18:30
Welcome to the crew, Eduardo.
I'm sure the members aboard will help if they can.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
14th July 2008, 22:58
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
14th July 2008, 23:38
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

I hope you get some help with your enquiry and maybe you can post some photos of your restoration of this vessel as I am sure many of our members will be interested.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
15th July 2008, 00:48
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage