Looking for a lost friend from UBC

captaindave
17th July 2008, 12:50
Hello Everyone,

Just joined your community.
I'm looking for a very good friend of mine who I have lost contact with.
He was 3rd 2nd and Chief Mate with UBC in the 60s/70s his name Was Timothy Peter Garth Evans.
He sailed on many of the Baltic boats, as did I between 1964 - 1972
Any news would be gratefully receive on this site.

Thanks

K urgess
17th July 2008, 12:55
Welcome aboard from the top of the River Hull, captaindave.
We have a few ex UBC in the crew so hopefully they can help you.
Meanwhile explore the ship, join in and enjoy the trip.

doric
17th July 2008, 12:59
Welcome aboard this unique ship, great crew, you will enjoy it, sorry can't help you with the requests. Terence Williams. R538301.

Bruce Carson
17th July 2008, 12:59
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Captain.
It's good to have you onboard.
I hope our members will be able to help you locate your old friend.
I've taken the liberty of removing your EMail address from your introduction as, because of security reasons, posting of that information is not permitted on SN.
Members may use Private Messaging to exchange EMail addresses.

Bruce

Baltic Wal
17th July 2008, 18:39
Dave,

I was with UBC from 1964 until 1967 but did not sail with Tim Evans, as we would probably have been of the same rank at that time. I usually sailed onthe London based ships although I spent the Seaman's strike on the Merchant in Hull.

There was an Annual reunion in London but haven't heard much about it since I moved to France. I know they were asked to alternate it with Hull at one stage.

Ian

R58484956
17th July 2008, 19:02
Greetings Dave and a warm welcome to SN from the south of England. Enjoy the site and good luck with your enquiry. Bon voyage.

benjidog
17th July 2008, 22:06
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site and that someone can re-unite you with your old friend.

Regards,

Brian

MikeK
17th July 2008, 22:14
Welcome Captain Dave, sorry I also cannot help you - I was in UBC from '76 to '98 so a bit late for your quest as well.

Ian - do they still have the reunions ? I only ever heard about one and that was after the event (I know - every picture tells a story !!)
regards

Mike

gdynia
18th July 2008, 00:31
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
18th July 2008, 00:36
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer