Hello.

madwith
17th July 2008, 13:08
Just to say hello to members. I have found ships nostalgia fascinating. Although never having served in the Merchant Navy, I have voyaged on numerous occasions to and from the Far East with P&O, and across the Pacific with Knutsen Line of Norway. I know being a passenger is not the same as being crew, but I loved every second I was on board, at sea. One of the reasons I joined ships nostalgia is that I saw a picture of the Canton on your website. This was the first ship I sailed on to the Far East as a young lad of 7. I believe she was commanded by a Captain Fox; this was in September 1958. But I digress! Looking forward to visiting the site regularly.

non descript
17th July 2008, 13:12
madwith, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
17th July 2008, 13:18
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, madwith.
You don't need to have sailed in the Merch or Grey Funnel to join this crew.
A love of ships and the sea is the only requirement.
Explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
17th July 2008, 13:24
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Make yourself at home and join in our friendly discussions at any time.

Bruce

Patalavaca
17th July 2008, 13:33
...And across the Pacific with Knutsen Line of Norway Welcome to the site madwith. Your mention of the above caught my eye. I look forward to reading about the ships ,voyages and ports you visited and most importantly ( for me !) any photos too..Greetings from Felixstowe. regards, Rick. (Thumb)

R58484956
17th July 2008, 15:25
Greetings madwith and welcome to SN. Glad you enjoyed the Canton, that was my first ship and a happy ship, spent over 2 years on board her. Bon voyage.

Steve Woodward
17th July 2008, 19:33
Madwith,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, rank or passenger status matters little here, just an interest in ships, enjoy your time with us
Steve

benjidog
17th July 2008, 22:08
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
18th July 2008, 00:32
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
18th July 2008, 00:37