Intro

Straitsman
26th July 2008, 10:56
G'Day,
I am looking forward to sharing some of my 40 years in seagoing , Teaching, and Bunkering but nothing Prepaired at this time. Are there any other Bass strait cowboys out there?
Cheers Col

K urgess
26th July 2008, 10:59
Welcome aboard from the north of England, Col.
Plenty of crew from down your way.
Find your way around the ship and join in.
Enjoy the trip.

trotterdotpom
26th July 2008, 12:35
G'Day,
I am looking forward to sharing some of my 40 years in seagoing , Teaching, and Bunkering but nothing Prepaired at this time. Are there any other Bass strait cowboys out there?
Cheers Col

Welcome, Col. In my early days in Australia, on Brisbane Trader, I sailed with a mate who gave me a steely eyed look across the bar and said: "There's a breed of man on this coast known as a Bass Strait Cowboy - and you're looking at one!"

John T.

non descript
26th July 2008, 13:53
Col, a warm welcome aboard to you and I'm sure you will find some kindred spirits here – I do not think my rather limited experience of Westernport to Papeete once a month really counts as being a Bass Strait Cowboy, but the thought is there (Jester); enjoy the site and all it has to offer. We look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

R58484956
26th July 2008, 19:55
Greetings Col and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
27th July 2008, 00:09
Col, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Chances are you're be hearing from some more of our Australian members before long.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

billyboy
27th July 2008, 04:02
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
27th July 2008, 16:04
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian