Chasing the Tide

Ken Glasdir
12th August 2017, 19:25
Would like to thank everyone for helping me keep in touch with the old way of life. My novel, Chasing the Tide, is dedicated to all seafarers. Google in 'Chasing the Tide by Ken Davies' to find it on Amazon. Bless you all!
(Fly)

Harry Nicholson
13th February 2018, 15:02
Would like to thank everyone for helping me keep in touch with the old way of life. My novel, Chasing the Tide, is dedicated to all seafarers. Google in 'Chasing the Tide by Ken Davies' to find it on Amazon. Bless you all!
(Fly)

Just finished this splendid tale of the sea. It's rich and detailed enough to become a work of reference for the life of a British deckhand in the 50s and 60s. There are threads of tangled secrets that keep the pages turning.

tsell
13th February 2018, 22:57
(Fly)

Ken, reading Harry's endorsement of your book, it is now on my list of high priorities, amongst other important 'must do' matters!

Cheers, (Thumb)

Taff

Ken Glasdir
14th February 2018, 11:32
Just finished this splendid tale of the sea. It's rich and detailed enough to become a work of reference for the life of a British deckhand in the 50s and 60s. There are threads of tangled secrets that keep the pages turning.

Hello Harry. Thanks for your kind words. I wrote Chasing the Tide to share something of the flavour of sea-life, good, bad and indifferent, the pain of trying to swallow the anchor and to encourage the belief that there is indeed, life after seafaring. But the old life is never forgotten. Once a seafarer always only an ex-seaman. I sailed on deck from 1956 to 1966 the did some short stints in the seventies - ship delivery, support tug during the cod-war and dredgers. Glad you enjoyed the story. Make contact any time.

backsplice
17th February 2018, 05:41
I too enjoyed it a good yarn ...reminded me of my early days at sea about the same era