Ray Lusty

RAY LUSTY
9th August 2008, 09:29
From Ray Lusty: Thank you people.
Do you have any shipping and seaman info from my part of the world.NZ and Australia
I have read a lot of your page and it appears to be mainly UK based with a lot of members shipped to Australia and NZ but not shipped out on Ships from that country.Am I right?
Anyway it is most enjoyable reading and I am glad I contacted.
I came ashore moved from NZ to Australia ,married there in 1970 and lost touch with everybody
Must be getting nostalgic in my old age, no, only 63, but I wouldn't have a clue what my mates did with the rest of there lives, but u dont forget them ,do you.
Can I post Photo's (ships and such )on this site?.
I was mainly on NZ ships with 3 stints on Norski,s on Sth pacific ,Sth East Asia and Australian charters.
I loved itat sea and had a lot of good times( some bad) and I any of you know how long it takes to adjust to being ashore.
I became a Rigger and Crane op and moved around Oz a fair bit. I now contract out as a Rigging Supervisor and the last few years have taken a few jobs o/seas( Fiji and Morocco.
Anyway ,glad to be aboard,
cheers.
Ray. Brisbane, Oz.

R58484956
9th August 2008, 10:33
Greetings Ray and welcome to SN from the south of England. Yes you can post photos of ships etc on this site, so we look forward to seeing them. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

billyboy
9th August 2008, 10:53
Welcome aboard from the Philippines ray. Enjoy all this great site has to offer.

zsimone
9th August 2008, 11:12
Hi Ray,

Welcome to this site. Your name tends to ring bells and I think I may have sailed with you on the Kiwi Coast a few years back I went under the nick name of Tank.
All The Best
Gary(Pint)

K urgess
9th August 2008, 11:23
Welcome aboard, Ray.
I'm sure you'll find a few in the crew who have a similair history.
Find your way around the ship and the gallery and we look forward to your pictures.
Enjoy the trip.

RAY LUSTY
9th August 2008, 12:50
hI Gary.
Yeh that nickname rings a bell too.Were you on deck?
What ships. I was on the Ngakuta ,Ngahui, Matua,Kaitawa,Kaitangata,Katua. Ngatoro,Aramoana,Parera,Marinui.****, there were others.I'll think of em all soon. I didn't last too long on them. Played up a bit in those days.
Did u know Ray miller, Gig hartley, the beard(john Hartly)Jimmy wells. They were some of the guys I hung with in those days. What are u up to these days.

bert thompson
9th August 2008, 15:31
Welcome Ray to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

Bruce Carson
9th August 2008, 16:08
Ray, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
It won't take you long to make yourself at home here--any questions, just PM a moderator or post an enquiry on the Forums and you almost certainly will have an answer.

Bruce

benjidog
9th August 2008, 17:26
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

RAY LUSTY
10th August 2008, 13:19
Thanks Brian. I'm having a lot of fun here and it's really interesting

apokolyps
10th August 2008, 13:50
Hello Ray,your name I remember from the 60s when I was deckboy on the Maori,Aramoana,Paroto,Ligar Bay just to name a few.Wecome back,cheers Mick Macaulay

gdynia
11th August 2008, 05:28
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage