New member from South Australia

Neil Gordon
11th August 2008, 15:35
Discovered this great(time absorbing) site a couple of months ago. Recently retired in June'08 after 46+ years at sea(Apprentice through to Master) and a couple of years ashore in the sixties. BP Tankers 59-64-most memorable ship was the T2 'Rogue River',then Canatlantic-fond
memories of the 'Baskerville','Aragona' etc, Ocean Weather Ships (hope 'Swifty' is still with us), Union Steamship Company of NZ-'Holmburn','Parera','Erne'(fastest oilcart in the west),'Waimea' etc,Associated Steamships-'Celana',Wiltshire,'Franklin' etc, Howard Smith-'Franklin', P&O Australia-'Franklin', 'Southern Surveyor' etc.
Regards to all,
Neil Cheshire.

Bruce Carson
11th August 2008, 15:40
Neil, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
With your background it's almost certain you'll run into old shipmates here.
Good to have you onboard.

Bruce

non descript
11th August 2008, 15:46
Neil, a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

bert thompson
11th August 2008, 16:36
Welcome Neil
Enjoy your travels through this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

graham
11th August 2008, 17:06
welcome from graham ex rogue river 1953 enjoy the site

R58484956
11th August 2008, 18:21
Greetings Neil and welcome from southern England. Nice introduction you have given. Enjoy the site and all that goes with it. Bon voyage.

benjidog
11th August 2008, 19:51
Welcome from Lancashire,

I hope you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

Steve Woodward
11th August 2008, 21:19
Neil,
Fair old career there , welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

Butters
12th August 2008, 05:36
Neil , a warm welcome to the sight . It is many years since I last saw you , probably in the mid 70's when I was with Union Company - thinking back it could have been at Nav. School in Auckland or or perhaps 'Crankcase Corner', in the Imperial Hotel.

Butters.
(Lindsay Butterfield)

billyboy
12th August 2008, 06:17
Welcome aboard from the Philippines mate. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
12th August 2008, 06:41
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage