vindiboy

jim jones
12th August 2008, 17:33
hi there name is richard jones everyone calls me jim am looking to catch up with ant ex vindi lads

non descript
12th August 2008, 17:35
Jim, a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

benjidog
12th August 2008, 17:49
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

R58484956
12th August 2008, 18:30
Welcome Jim to SN. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
12th August 2008, 18:52
Jim, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
We have a number of ex Vindi lads as members and chances are you will be hearing from them before long.

Bruce

captainchris
12th August 2008, 18:58
Hi Jim,

When were you there?

I was on the Vindi from August 6th 1963 until whenever as I got a week on the course for breaking the paint locker window!!

Best regards,

Chris

Seemore
12th August 2008, 19:05
HI Jim, from South Shields , a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia. I attended the Vindi from 4.10.1955 - 2.12.1955 and sailed from the Tyne on the 4.10.1955
seemore

bert thompson
12th August 2008, 19:49
Welcome Jim to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

gdynia
13th August 2008, 04:05
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
13th August 2008, 04:13
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

David Davies
13th August 2008, 07:43
Welcome Jim
Was on the Vindi 1948 in the days of Capt Angel ,Gus, Ginger Reeves and grudge fights till the claret flowed.
Whilst waxing lyrical I'll welcome you with the Vindi pool boy's song to the tune of "Bless em All"
Bless em all, bless em all, the long and the short and the tall,
Bless all the Bos'ns and their blinking mates
Bless all the new boys and their empty plates
For were saying good bye to them all
As back to the Vindi they crawl
It's nothing like heaven, this side of the Seven
So cheer up my lads, Bless em all.

Hope this revives old memories
Regards
David, Vindi No 38345 and Bo'sn of the school, having said that I'll understand if you don't reply!!!!!

Seemore
13th August 2008, 08:11
hello Jim The song certainly revived the old memory fo me, great times I also recall another song cannot remember it all but it went like this "They say that in the Vini the girls are mighty fine, A sauage fell off the table and started marking time" etc do you recall all the song, many thanks
seemore

David Davies
13th August 2008, 11:21
They say that on the Vindi the pay is very fine
They give you 30 shillings and take back 29
I don't want no more of Vindi life
Gee ma I want to go, Captain Dugain let me go
Gee ma I want to go home.

They say that on the Vindi the food is very fine
The stewards get the bacon, the seamen get the rind
I don't want no more of Vindi life etc

I can't remember the verse about the girls, but it was rather rude

It's a start, perhaps some one else can finish. It's Sharpness week this week,
anyone going?
Up the pool boys
David D

TonyAllen
13th August 2008, 15:49
hi there name is richard jones everyone calls me jim am looking to catch up with ant ex vindi lads

hi Jim I was at the vindi from 28 12 54-4 2 55 you were going as i was arriving so mybe we met who knows. I am just about getting the hang of all the sites on the web, theres a site for ex vindi boys which i hope to get back to if i can remember how to. anyway best regards, tony Allen

Jeff Glasser
13th August 2008, 16:16
Hi Jim, I was at Vindi' Oct.-Dec. '64. Catering. Welcome to this great site. Jeff glasser.

i.cossey
14th August 2008, 11:11
welcome to memory lane. I was a vindi boy july61 to sept61,R753892, only the passing years have softened the memories of vindi as a young lad away from home for the first time it was a hard start to what became a good time at sea, but thats what it was all about sorting out the stayers.