Frank hamilton.

LEEBHAR
16th August 2008, 13:43
hello all. i am looking for information on an elderly model i have rescued from a skip .its a 2 foot model of a barge /tug. timber costuction , their is a name on her stern ,C F Jones ltd Cardiff. No 5 , and her name is Gwen. does any one know of the vessel or have pictures as i intend restore her as she should be. It is such a cute model you couldnt possibly dump it. i havent taken a picture of it as i am none too clever at posting pictures yet . Most of the top works are there but no wheelhouse. would she possibly have had an open bridge as the mast seems to lower and may have been like that for going under canal bridges. anyhow if any one knows anything about her i would be chuffed to bits.cheers , Frank.

K urgess
16th August 2008, 13:52
Welcome aboard, Frank.
There are quite a few in the crew who have worked the rivers of the UK on such vessels so you may get some information soon.
Meanwhile find your way around this ship and enjoy the voyage.

non descript
16th August 2008, 14:04
Frank, a warm welcome to you on your first posting and good luck with your quest - I am sure someone will pop up with some help. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

Bruce Carson
16th August 2008, 15:02
Frank, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll have some answers from our members regarding your enquiries.

Bruce

bert thompson
16th August 2008, 15:07
Welcome Frank to this wonderful site.
Certainly the right place to get the information you want
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
16th August 2008, 16:32
Greetings Frank and welcome to SN. Looks like you had a good find in the skip. Bon voyage.

benjidog
17th August 2008, 00:21
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
17th August 2008, 00:30
Welcomw aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
17th August 2008, 06:02
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage