Perseus

Kiwigirl
16th August 2008, 22:07
Hi from downunder
I was trawling (bad pun)through Google and found your site.Found the info on the Perseus posted in March.
Interesting to have the whole crew listed including husband's grandfather who was Henry T W Ramshaw. I have a transcript of the register of the Perseus built in 1892, if anyone in interested.
How can I get a copy of Henry Ramshaw's qualification (if that is the word)as a chief engineer. He was born in South Shields in 1876
thanks

non descript
16th August 2008, 22:12
Kiwigirl, Firstly a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. - Secondly let us hope that we can answer your query on Henry T W Ramshaw. Bon Voyage

Steve Woodward
16th August 2008, 22:22
KG,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us and the best of luck with your enquiry
Steve

K urgess
16th August 2008, 22:25
Welcome aboard, Kiwigirl.
I'm sure the crew will be able to help with your query.
Enjoy the voyage.

Chris Jones
17th August 2008, 00:45
Welcome aboard enjoy the cruise(A)

billyboy
17th August 2008, 00:59
WEe4lcome aboard from the Philippines. kiwi girl. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Holdsworth
17th August 2008, 02:16
I would try his old company records and British Shipping Federation records. Ships always recorded their crews, so there must be some way to retreive the information. Good luck--keep delving!!! If he was a Chief Engineer--someone holds the record!

Bruce Carson
17th August 2008, 04:10
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Kiwigirl.
Good to have you as a member.

Bruce

gdynia
17th August 2008, 05:58
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

bert thompson
17th August 2008, 07:34
Kiwigirl Welcome to this wonderful site. Thanks for joining us
Best wishes
Bert.

doric
17th August 2008, 08:59
Welcome aboard to someone from the land of the long white cloud, from Melbourne Australia. I am sure someone amongst our 23000 members will have some answers for you. Regards, Terence Williams.

Kiwigirl
18th August 2008, 08:57
Welcome to SN Kiwigirl and enjoy the voyage.
When I saw your title Perseus, I immediately thought she belonged to my old company Blue Funnel line whose ships all carried Greek mythological names. Looking at the date 1892 I can only see one ship beginning with "P" and that is Pyrrhus.
It will be interesting to see your comments and a transcript of the ships registry etc.
Hi
Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I was at Kew in 1988 so looked up the Perseus and got a copy of the register. Scrawled acroos the page was the message
"register closed 7th August 1915. vessel blown up by a mine in the North Sea on July 24th 1915.Certificate of Registry lost with vessel. Advice received from owners per form 20 received 9th Aug 1915."

Lots of red tape even in those days!!

How can I download copy onto this site?

R58484956
18th August 2008, 15:52
Hi Kiwigirl from up above, enjoy SN and bon voyage.