john hughes

john hughes
29th June 2005, 04:45
ex lamport & booth line ch electrician, during the 50's mv sargent mv dunstan
mv sheridan ss hilary mvrubens great days loved brasil.

flyer682
29th June 2005, 07:52
Welcome aboard, John. Enjoy the site, we look forward to your contributions. We have some Members from those Companies, so you may be able to renew some old aquiantances.
Please take the time to read "Guidelines To Posting" in either Members Notice Board or Say Hello Forums - should answer most of your questions re posting on site.

Doug Rogers
29th June 2005, 08:10
Welcome John, hope you enjoy the site and the members. Look forward to your postings when you have something to contribute.

Ron B Manderson
29th June 2005, 09:20
welcome
Enjoy the site and the first class banter
Ron

Santos
30th June 2005, 21:42
Hello John, (Wave)

I was with Lamports in the 60s, sailed on Rubens, ex Siddons and on the Sheridan on the American Coast / Amazon run.

The lekki on the Rubens when I joined was Harry Butler, best remembered as the lekki on the Tug Turmoil when she tried to save the Flying Enterprise. Did you know him.

I too loved Brazil especially ( yes you guessed it ) Santos.

Chris.

tell
1st July 2005, 01:14
Hi John I was in the Raphael in the mid 50s chief steward was nicknamed captn Marvel, did you ever come across him in Lamports? I'm also trying to contact a donkeyman called Peter Rice, the Bosuns name was Sid Page do you recall any of these ? BTW Santos do you remember the bar Chanticleer, I had a few good nights in there, I'm not sure whether it was in Santos or Recife now , too many senior moments I'm afraid. Tell

michael james
1st July 2005, 10:22
Welcome aboard John, L + H a company close to my heart. Enjoy....

Santos
1st July 2005, 20:48
Hi TELL, (Wave)

The Chantecleer was in Receife, opposite the Moulen Rouge or Mooly Mush as it was known. I had a few good nights in both as well. Happy Days.

Do you remeber Hell Fire Corner in Santos, boy that was a rough area, we never walked through there on our own.

Sid PAGE was Shoregang Bosun in Liverpool when I was with Lamports, great guy.

Chris.

tell
2nd July 2005, 01:13
Chris thanks for the info Tell