Hello

glasson
5th July 2005, 21:38
I have just joined my name Terry Hadfield still at sea, been at sea 35 years cargo ships, fishing and now dredging.

Ron B Manderson
5th July 2005, 21:39
Hope you enjoy as we do
Ron

glasson
5th July 2005, 21:46
Thank you.

stevecz
5th July 2005, 21:54
Tery,
Welcome to the site.
Dredgers my not be the prettiest of ships but they fascinate me. Which one's are you on, and lets have some pictures.
Steve

Santos
5th July 2005, 21:58
Welcome Terry, to honourable company. You wouldnt be dredging around Preston way would you, only the name Glasson rings a bell, been in that dock a few times, berthed of course.

Chris.

ContFan
6th July 2005, 01:59
Welcome Terry,
have lots of fun, i sure am,
ContFan. (Thumb)

Doug Rogers
6th July 2005, 04:14
Welcome aboard Terry, enjoy the site and the company. Look forward to some postings from you on the site. When you get time please refer to the thread "Guidelines to Posting" in either the Members Notice Board or Say Hello forums, that will assist you in your future postings.

glasson
11th July 2005, 19:53
Hi, I leave at Glasson Dock and use to run into Preston on the Hoveringham IV & V in the 80's and at presant run into Heysham, Barrow and Garston on the dredger City of Cardiff.

billyboy
12th July 2005, 12:58
welcom aboard. hope you find this site as great as I do. great crew here, very helpful with any info you may need. Enjoy.

tell
21st July 2005, 23:22
Hi you will enjoy the company in here they are a good crowd of lads, I'd just like to mention that I sailed out of Glasson on one of Gardiners years ago, I had the good fortune to survive though

trotterdotpom
22nd July 2005, 03:16
Hi, I leave at Glasson Dock and use to run into Preston on the Hoveringham IV & V in the 80's and at presant run into Heysham, Barrow and Garston on the dredger City of Cardiff.

I lived in Garston for a few months in the late '70s. According to a Liverpool folk song at the time, Garston residents always claimed to live 'on the outskirts of Cressington". Coming from Middlesbrough, I found Garston rather salubrious!

John T.

marlinspike
22nd July 2005, 11:47
Hi:

Welcome aboard: many years ago use to sail down the Ribble dredging 1959: could not put up with it and went back coasting before coming ashore for keeps. Nothing like dredgers of today!! In Julys 'Ships Monthly' there was a magor article on dredging called 'Digging Deeper' - did you see it? I will send you a copy of it if you cannot gt it. Great site this - the inocents could get easily led astray!!!

Cheers: Take care:

Marlinspike (Peter Blackley)

Rhiw.com
22nd July 2005, 18:36
I have just joined my name Terry Hadfield still at sea, been at sea 35 years cargo ships, fishing and now dredging.

Welcome aboard Terry, your name rings a bell !!! did you sail on the Raeburn in 1973? Regards Tony Jones.

michael james
22nd July 2005, 19:51
Welcome Terry, good bunch great site - enjoy, what more need be said, look forward to your input

mcook
23rd July 2005, 14:51
Welcome Terry.

Glasson dock eh?

The Stork, Victoria, Caribou, Dalton Arms.

So many pubs, so little time.

Enjoy the site.

malcolm