Hi there!!!

Juan de Basagoiti
5th October 2008, 11:07
FINALLY,I've managed to find my way into the 'bilges', will be tracing lines for a while, finding my way around.
I was with ESSO in the early '60's for around 6 years and it left an indelable mark on me! Great days.
Now retired, I meet up with an old mate who sailed with Ambrose,Davies & Mathews out of Swansea for the Far East and talk of his life then ( from '33 to '53).He sailed as cabin-boy to become Chief Steward If there's anyone out there who sailed with that Co. they might remember one Laurie Howard Booth.
I would love to hear from you and maybe get info. to jog the old fellow shipmate' memories. Anything will do but list of ships names would be very welcome. Thanks once again, Juan

K urgess
5th October 2008, 13:40
Welcome aboard, Juan.
I've moved your post into it's own thread for a better response.
I hope the crew will be able to help with your query.
Meanwhile carry on exploring the ship and enjoy the trip.

non descript
5th October 2008, 13:51
Juan, a warm welcome to you on your first posting, thank you joining the community; please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your further postings. (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
5th October 2008, 14:06
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Juan.
Good to have you as a member.
I hope our members can help you with your question.

Bruce

Gulpers
5th October 2008, 14:33
Juan,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

bert thompson
5th October 2008, 15:30
Welcome Guan to this wonderful addictive site
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
5th October 2008, 18:13
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Juan de Basagoiti
6th October 2008, 08:37
To one and all!!!! Many thanks for your warm welcome. It's great to find such a most convivual bunch. I hope to have many hours of seeking thread!............ Once I've traced ALL the lines!!! Now.........where does this one go?????????and WHAT 'S it for?????????? Help.......Chiefie!!! (I'm only a J5 at this lark!).

R58484956
6th October 2008, 19:19
Greetings Juan and a warm welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

gdynia
7th October 2008, 03:53
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
7th October 2008, 09:02
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

doric
7th October 2008, 09:32
A very warm welcome from Melbourne Australia. Born Swansea Wales, wnent to sea 1950/59, then ashore. Regards, Terence Williams. R538301.(A)