Hello World. :)

Lennartfromsweden
6th October 2008, 21:30
Hello. I will here try to introduce me myself and I.

My name is Lennart I live in sweden actually in sweden västmanland parish in a town called västerås.

I am here due to my interest and hobbies. Genealogical researches.
I have stumbled on a ancestor who vanished from sweden. Later on I came to the conclusion that he emigrate to USA. I signed up here because of two things. First because of my ancestor and I hope that you experienced persons can give me some info or hints how I can go further and collect info about my granddads brother Richard Anderson. My second reason why I signed up here is because that I like ships,vessels, you name it.

Thats all folks.

Yes I almost forgot the vessel he was on was Calamares.

Have a great day.

Best regards
From Lennart

non descript
6th October 2008, 21:31
Lennart, a warm welcome to you on your first posting, thank you joining the community; liking ships is a very good thing... please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your further postings. (Thumb)

K urgess
6th October 2008, 21:48
Welcome aboard, Lennart.
The crew may be able to help you with directions to the best sources.
Meanwhile explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

bert thompson
6th October 2008, 21:50
Welcome Lennard to this great site and am sure you will find a lot of enjoyment from all that is on offer
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
6th October 2008, 23:40
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

I think you will have your work cut out tracing someone called Anderson - there are more of a few of them! :)

Good luck anyway.

gdynia
7th October 2008, 03:49
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
7th October 2008, 10:18
Greetings Lennart and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. A nice little town you live in, have been there a couple of times. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
7th October 2008, 12:28
Lennart,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am sure that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime, have a good look around the site. (Thumb)

Harvey Williams
7th October 2008, 12:43
A very warm welcome from Wales Lennart, I really hope you enjoy your voyage aboard the S.N. and wish you all the very best of luck in your search for your ancestors. If I can be of any help whatsoever please dont hesitate to give me a call.
Regards.
Harvey

ssr481
7th October 2008, 13:06
Lennart,

Greetings from the USA.. secondly, send me an email at xxxxx I know of some websites for the US National Archives or Ellis Island that may have information, if indeed your relative came to the USA.

Enjoy the site..

Bruce Carson
7th October 2008, 13:50
Lennart,

Greetings from the USA.. secondly, send me an email at xxxxx I know of some websites for the US National Archives or Ellis Island that may have information, if indeed your relative came to the USA.

Enjoy the site..

Hi ssr481:
I've deleted your EMail address as, for privacy reasons, we do not publish them on Ships Nostalgia.
Our Private Message facility may be used to exchange EMail addresses between members.
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Carson
7th October 2008, 13:53
Lennart, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Anyone who has an interest in ships and ships almost certainly will find hours of pleasure on SN.

Bruce

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:25
Lennart, a warm welcome to you on your first posting, thank you joining the community; liking ships is a very good thing... please enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your further postings. (Thumb)

Hello Tonga.
Thank you for your warm welcoming. I have noticed that there is lots of images and info about different ships. I will sure enjoy the site.

Best regards
Lennart

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:33
Welcome aboard, Lennart.
The crew may be able to help you with directions to the best sources.
Meanwhile explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Hello Marconi Sahib. Thank you for your welcoming too.
I am quite sure that the Crew might have directions. It is tricky for me because I am swedish. I have not the knowledge to further or where to go. :) I have find Ellis Island. and mailed chiquita.com but they where not able to help me.

Have a great day
Best regards

Lennart

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:36
Welcome Lennard to this great site and am sure you will find a lot of enjoyment from all that is on offer
Best wishes
Bert.

Hello Bert. I have noticed that this site seems to be (how do the say in movies) awesome. :) It looks like all here are like an big family. All here seems to be so frindly.

Have a great day to you too Bert and best wishes.

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:42
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

I think you will have your work cut out tracing someone called Anderson - there are more of a few of them! :)

Good luck anyway.

Hi Benjidog.
I agree with you about Anderson. It´s the most common name in Sweden.
And you have Andersen and Andersson. We spell Anderson in sweden like Andersson with to S. So I have a tricky bumpy road ahead :)

I also thank your good luck to me.

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:43
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Hello Gdynia, I thank your welcoming and I am sure that I will enjoy the voyage. :)

Regards
Lennart

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:45
Greetings Lennart and welcome to SN from a member in the south of England. A nice little town you live in, have been there a couple of times. Bon voyage.

Hello R58484956. I also thank your greeting to me, but hey do you know about västerås? Can I ask you what you have done in this town? :) Bon voyage to you too.

regards
Lennart

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:49
Lennart,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am sure that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime, have a good look around the site. (Thumb)

Hello to you too Gulpers.
You have so right. It seems that this is the right place for me to be in.

I can asure you that I already enjoying this experience I got so far.

have a great day

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:54
Lennart,

Enjoy the site..

Hello ssr481
I really appreciate your effords to help me. (Thumb) The problem for me is that I just can slight little english. It´s understandable because it´s not my mothertounge but I use the little english I learned in school way back ago and I thank hollywood for their movies :)

I send you a private message with my email so we can write.

Have a great day

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 19:58
Lennart, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Anyone who has an interest in ships and ships almost certainly will find hours of pleasure on SN.

Bruce

[QUOTE=Bruce Carson;252865]Lennart, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.

Hi Bruce, I hope that I can be atleast little useful. I am quite heavy with the broom. Did you know that I have win the Swab Award :)

I noticed that there is very great photos in this site.

have a great day
Lennart

Lennartfromsweden
7th October 2008, 20:02
A very warm welcome from Wales Lennart, I really hope you enjoy your voyage aboard the S.N. and wish you all the very best of luck in your search for your ancestors. If I can be of any help whatsoever please dont hesitate to give me a call.
Regards.
Harvey

Hello Harvey Williams. Thank you for your very warm welcome.
I actually already enjoy my visit and it is thanks to all you who already are onboard. I also thank you for your wish to me. It´s a tricky thing to find ancestors but it´s very fun. I am also glad that you would like to help me I thank you for that and might call you further on. For now I try to understand and learn how life is onboard ship and how the US system works with employeés and archives.

Have a great day

Regards
Lennart

billyboy
8th October 2008, 00:38
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Bruce Carson
8th October 2008, 04:36
Lennart, do not worry about your language, it is fine.
Enjoy our site and post when you want to.
You will be understood--that is NOT a problem.

Bruce

hasse neren
14th October 2008, 16:50
Warm welcome Lennart, this is a great and kindly site.
Hasse, from Sweden to.