On behalf of ......

batwing3
11th October 2008, 11:48
Hi ive joined the site on behalf of my friend who has no access to pc.He is John Edmonds (Jeds) and sailed as chief cook on Bay boats during 70s and 80s he also sailed on the Ocean Monarch and was on her maiden voyage .Ive heard many a tale over a few pints of NZ and Oz . Will pass any messages on and will report back ..........

K urgess
11th October 2008, 11:56
Welcome aboard to you and your friend.
We have some lads in the crew who have sailed on Ocean Monarch so they may be able to help.
Meanwhile explore the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Huytonbrian
11th October 2008, 11:57
Batwing and Jeds, welcome aboard I am sure you will enjoy the trip.
Regards.
Brian

benjidog
11th October 2008, 14:37
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

bert thompson
11th October 2008, 16:39
Batwing welcome to you and Jed. Sure you will enjoy all hat is offered on this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
11th October 2008, 17:05
Greetings Batwings and Jed to SN. Both enjoy the site Jed via BW. Bon voyage to you both.

GWB
11th October 2008, 18:26
Welcome aboard Batwing and Jed from down under in Brisbane enjoy te trip.

GWB

Bruce Carson
12th October 2008, 15:24
From Michigan, a warm welcome to both of you, Batwing and Jeds.
Good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll be hearing from old shipmates of Jeds before long.

Bruce

Gulpers
13th October 2008, 20:19
batwing3,

It is very kind of you to enrol with SN for the benefit of your friend Jeds.
A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee that you will both thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
Jed will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explain our threads and, who knows, he may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

gdynia
14th October 2008, 09:09
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
14th October 2008, 09:20
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

doric
14th October 2008, 10:13
Welcome aboard this great vessel, to you both, settle in and tell us a bit about you. Regards, Terence Williams.(A)

stevie burgess
19th October 2008, 00:51
(Pint) Hi BATWING3 and Jed, Welcome aboard. Not long joined the site myself. I sailed with John on the Bay boats probably '78-'79 on the "RES". We certainly had some great booze ups down under!! It's 10 years since i packed up deepsea but have lots of great memories and sometimes bring out the old photos. Have been on local ferries around Orkney since leaving deepsea...certainly not the same crack. Anyway pass on my regards to John.Hi ive joined the site on behalf of my friend who has no access to pc.He is John Edmonds (Jeds) and sailed as chief cook on Bay boats during 70s and 80s he also sailed on the Ocean Monarch and was on her maiden voyage .Ive heard many a tale over a few pints of NZ and Oz . Will pass any messages on and will report back ..........