Hello from Canterbury

Grendel
13th October 2008, 17:56
Hello forum, I have just joined and am looking for information for a friend.
Her dad was a carpenter on the QE2 and she was looking for any sound recordingsof the engines running that she could find, as a special present for him, as he always said the best sleep he ever had was when he was lulled to sleep by the engine noise.
My dad is an avid ferry enthusiast and prodigious collector of ferry photos (mainly cross channel and sealink ferries) and has many photos in books attributed to him, so thats another good reason to join, to aid his research into that side of things. Anyway, I will hopefully find the correct part of the forum to post my question, if not please forgive me for posting in ignorance.
Grendel

K urgess
13th October 2008, 18:22
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Grendel.
I hope someone in the crew can help with your request.
Enjoy the voyage.

bert thompson
13th October 2008, 18:22
Welcome Grendel. Hope you enjoy all that is offered on this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

cacique
13th October 2008, 19:23
Welcome Grendel.

The "Hello from Canterbury" brought a smile to my face.

Most of our crew were "company" men with the numbers brought up to scratch from the Federation. One trip we were blessed by having a NUS Delegate sail with us from the pool.

In his own world he took everything so seriously but continually had his leg pulled by those that he thought he was ably representing.

On the menu was Roast Canterbury Lamb which the crew complained to their delegate, was very misleading. No further ado but the delegate was knocking on the Old Manīs Door to rectify whether it was Canterbury UK or Canterbury NZ - even the Old Man was in on the game.

Kind Regards, David Wilson.

Bruce Carson
13th October 2008, 21:22
Grendel, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
I think your father will enjoy our Galleries and find much to interest him there.
Perhaps a member will direct you to an engine sounds recording of the QE2.
It won't take you long to find your way around our site.

Bruce

Gulpers
13th October 2008, 21:45
Grendel,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Sarky Cut
13th October 2008, 21:55
Here's a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFhKCHbMP4g

benjidog
14th October 2008, 00:21
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

gdynia
14th October 2008, 10:07
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage