slimjim45

slimjim45
13th October 2008, 18:45
hi just a short rundown of my life,i served in the Royal Navy for ten years from 1962 and then joined the Benline serving on the Benvalla on its final voyage to Hong Kong and on the Bencruachan when damaged homeward bound of Durban i then served on cross channel ferries for ten years leaving to become a long distance lorry driver for twenty six years spending as much time away as if i was still at sea if anybody is interested i have a full set of photographs of the Bencruachan in trouble of Durban taking by the South African Navy i retired in January 2008

K urgess
13th October 2008, 19:11
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Plenty of Grey Funnel and Benline lads in the crew.
Join in and enjoy the trip.

Bruce Carson
13th October 2008, 21:24
Slimjim, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia--good to have you onboard.
There should be much of interest to you in our forums and galleries--make yourself at home and enjoy our site.

Bruce

Steve Woodward
13th October 2008, 21:47
Jim,
An interesting career if ever there was one, welcome to SN from Suffolk, enjoy your time with us
Steve

Gulpers
13th October 2008, 21:48
slimjim45,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)
I am sure that there are many of our members who would be most interested in your Bencruachan photographs if you have time to upload them. (==D)

bert thompson
13th October 2008, 22:11
Welcome Slimjim to this wonderful site
Enjoy all that it offers
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
14th October 2008, 00:22
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
14th October 2008, 01:26