Ex Ben Line

Iain T
14th October 2008, 21:54
Greetings to all, having recently registered with SN this is to say hello to all ex Ben Line staff. Posted a reply with more info on Stuart Polson's thread asking where everyone was nowadays! Cheers, Iain Tulloch, Lerwick, Shetland.

K urgess
14th October 2008, 22:03
Welcome aboard, Iain.
Moved your post to the say hello forum for a wider response.
Plenty of Benline lads in the crew as you've probably found.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

billyboy
14th October 2008, 23:00
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
15th October 2008, 09:18
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
15th October 2008, 09:30
Greetings Iain and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

BOB GARROCH
15th October 2008, 10:45
Hi I was the radio Officer on the Benalder during the six day war. The Royal navy gave us 24 hours to get through the canal before the war was scheduled to start. We where tail end charlie in the convoy. As we arrived in the Bitter Lakes adjacent to the Egyption Airforce base Two Isralie fighters
flew right over our bridge and attacked the entire Egyption airforce lined up 300 metres away. Every aircraft was damaged. We managed to turn and escape out of the canal through Port suez. We where the only ship to escape.
I passed the information onto the Isralie Coastal radio station Didnt even get a thankyou. Great fun.

lochluichart
15th October 2008, 11:20
Iain,
Welcome to the site.
Lochluichart (AKA Bob ex-Hay & Co)

salvina
15th October 2008, 12:20
Hi Iain, Welcome from an exiled Sheltie in Cyprus. Sailed as leckie on the Vrackie, Venue and Albanach in the early 60s. Skol, Ian.(Thumb)

Gulpers
15th October 2008, 12:53
Iain,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
We have plenty of ex Ben Line members so there every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site.
Have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible however, beware, it quickly becomes addictive! (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
15th October 2008, 20:29
Iain, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you here.
Already you're hearing from ex Ben Line members--I think you'll find much to enjoy on SN.

Bruce

Iain T
15th October 2008, 21:44
Thank you to you all for the kind assistance and good wishes, very much appreciated. Certainly makes for a friendly ship and crew! Looking forward to more postings and joining in on this great site. Will be back in touch very soon. Aa da best, Iain.

benjidog
15th October 2008, 23:03
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

dnobmal
16th October 2008, 17:49
Welcome on board Ian ,I presume you are the I.T that was at Sella Ness for Hay & Co with Ian Brown, hope you are keeping well,ErrolSmith is on here sometimes,and I have seen a post by Ray Ferry,and one or two others from Shetland

Derek Roger
16th October 2008, 18:22
Welcome from Canada Iain . Kind regards Derek

Iain T
16th October 2008, 20:11
Welcome on board Ian ,I presume you are the I.T that was at Sella Ness for Hay & Co with Ian Brown, hope you are keeping well,ErrolSmith is on here sometimes,and I have seen a post by Ray Ferry,and one or two others from Shetland

Hi Dnobmal, thanks for your message and yes I am the I.T. that was at Sella Ness with Hay & Co many moons ago! I am well and was with Hay & Co for 24 years until 1999 when they were bought out by OBC where had a further 4 years. After that with SBS in Lerwick until May this year when changed course and in port control at Lerwick harbour.