New crew member

IAN MORROW
17th October 2008, 14:42
(Pint) (Pint) (Pint) Hi everyone - just come across this site and thought i may find some old sea buddies out there !
Although now a land-lubber ( though i still go on holiday cruises ),i did work on several lines including Shaw Saville, Stephenson Clarke, BP Tankers and RFA ships.(Pint)

Steve Woodward
17th October 2008, 15:04
Ian,
Welcome to SN from Suffolk, best of luck in finding old shipmates, while your waiting for them enjoy your time with us
Steve

IAN MORROW
17th October 2008, 15:14
Thanks for the welcome Steve. By the way, i am from Durham.

K urgess
17th October 2008, 15:18
Welcome aboard Ian.
Plenty of lads in the crew from those companies so you'll no doubt be hearing from some of them soon.
Meanwhile find your way around the ship, join in and enjoy the trip.

bert thompson
17th October 2008, 16:03
Welcome Ian to this great site. Hope you encounter many old friends on here
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
17th October 2008, 16:43
Greetings Ian and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

gdynia
17th October 2008, 17:40
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Gulpers
17th October 2008, 21:43
Ian,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Bruce Carson
17th October 2008, 22:09
Ian, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
Chances are you'll be hearing from old shipmates before long.

Bruce

billyboy
17th October 2008, 22:37
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

JohnBP
17th October 2008, 22:51
Welcome from canada, enjoy

benjidog
17th October 2008, 23:40
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

steve goldswain
18th October 2008, 09:13
hi from nz ex shawsaville myself medic mayfield

doric
18th October 2008, 13:17
As an ex Shaw Savill Man 1950/55, welcome aboard, served as Elect Engr, aboard Dominion Monarch, Wairangi, Taranaki, Gothic ( including Royal Commonwealth Tour 1953/54, also Waiwera, Suevic.

Then served with Btirish Phosphate Commission, on Triaster, Triadic, 1955/59.

You will enjoy this site, great crew, great Captain, ask questions, they will be answered.(A)

Regards, Terence Williams. R538301.

tim coulson
19th October 2008, 20:20
g,day Ian
welcome aboard , you will find this site highly addictive & great fun.
all the best

Harvey Williams
19th October 2008, 20:36
(Pint) (Pint) (Pint) Hi everyone - just come across this site and thought i may find some old sea buddies out there !
Although now a land-lubber ( though i still go on holiday cruises ),i did work on several lines including Shaw Saville, Stephenson Clarke, BP Tankers and RFA ships.(Pint)

Hello Ian. A very warm welcome from Wales, hope you enjoy your voyage on board the S.N. You will soon find you are among probably the finest batch of Men ever assembled on one vessel. As for your list, I did serve on board The Vacuum Pioneer, a coastal Tanker,belonging to Stephenson Clarke, she was contracted out to Mobil Oil when I was on her back in May to August 1968.
Harvey.

steve goldswain
20th October 2008, 02:48
hi and wellcome from nz

dab
20th October 2008, 21:33
Hi Ian, I am from your neck of the woods, Forest Hall, just north east of Newcastle and served with the RFA in the 60s. You will no doubt find people you sailed with on this site.
Dave Burns.

IAN MORROW
21st October 2008, 21:32
Hi Harvey - nice to make your acquaintence. I worked on the "worthing" ( stephenson clarke) for about 18 months during the 70/71 period. Great little ship with a small but good crew. We mainly carried grain around the UK / Ireland / French & Netherland coasts.
Bon voyage

IAN MORROW
21st October 2008, 21:37
Hi Dave - Thanks for the welcome. I was on the RFA Engadine for approx. 9 months. Remember some good times in Belfast during that time.
Cheers

IAN MORROW
21st October 2008, 21:39
Thanks for the welcome Steve - the site looks very interesting.

IAN MORROW
21st October 2008, 21:44
Cheers Terence - the site looks great. I sailed on mv Aranda for 2 world cruises. during 68/69.
Ian

Harvey Williams
22nd October 2008, 01:01
Hi Harvey - nice to make your acquaintence. I worked on the "worthing" ( stephenson clarke) for about 18 months during the 70/71 period. Great little ship with a small but good crew. We mainly carried grain around the UK / Ireland / French & Netherland coasts.
Bon voyage

Hello Ian. The pleasure is all mine old friend, we must have done pretty much the same run, U.K. coast.Poole, Ipswich, Swansea then over to the continent, couple of places down the River Seinne, Gravenchon and Petite Couronne, Antwerp in Belgium, Amsterdam & Rotterdam and Hamburg.
Cosy little crew, great little job, I only left her to be home for my 21st Birthday P**s up, then back Deep Sea. Got 3 month out of her thats all. Enjoyed it though.
Harvey