stainless patriot

Richardg
19th October 2008, 11:59
Hi i'm a newby so please be gentle.
I'm looking for some info on the Stainless Patriot, I joined her in Panama around 1978 straight from Gravesend for some months before paying off in New Orleans and would like to know what happened to her after, many thanks
Richard

billyboy
19th October 2008, 12:01
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

shipmate17
19th October 2008, 12:15
Hi,
According to the data base. Tanker STAINLESS PATRIOT. Imo.7368968. CS TCRF. Flag. Turkey. Grt. 2224. SP 13.5k. Built 1974 by Baatservice. Mandal. Owner/Manager/ RPTD sold to Turkey. ex 1982 POLISAN 1. ex 1995 SARINAZ. now MARIE C.
Cheers.

K urgess
19th October 2008, 13:38
Welcome aboard, Richard.
I see the crew have been helpful already as usual.
Find your way around the ship and enjoy the trip.

BillH
19th October 2008, 14:46
I'm looking for some info on the Stainless Patriot, I joined her in Panama around 1978 straight from Gravesend for some months before paying off in New Orleans and would like to know what happened to her after, many thanks
Richard
IMO number : 7368968
Name of ship : MARIE C
Call Sign : TCRF
Gross tonnage : 2224
Type of ship : Chemical Tanker
Year of build : 1974
Flag : Turkey
Status of ship : In Service
Last update : 2008-08-18

gdynia
19th October 2008, 15:17
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

bert thompson
19th October 2008, 15:40
Welcome Richard and glad to see that you are already getting replies to your query
Best wishes
Bert.

Gulpers
19th October 2008, 17:09
Richard,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
19th October 2008, 17:34
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Bruce Carson
19th October 2008, 17:45
Richard, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
It won't take long to find your way around SN and I think you will enjoy the experience.

Bruce

john dodd
20th October 2008, 14:35
Richard
hi Richard, I joined the S. Patriot in August '74 at the yard she was built in Mandal Norway. Loaded sulfuric acid in R/dam for Tunis, then loaded in Fos for N.York &then ran around the W. indies carrying rum around various islands. finally loaded rum in Aruba for Hamburg. Regards J. dodd.

R58484956
20th October 2008, 15:54
Greetings Richard and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

BillH
20th October 2008, 17:04
Richard
STAINLESS PATRIOT was owned by Whitehall Shipping and managed by Turnbull Scott whose funnel markings she and the other Whitehall vessels wore.

Perhaps it may be worth casting your eyes over the Turnbull, Scott thread as well

ortidpi
6th September 2019, 21:24
the last time i see the ship was in the 80 and had to clean the tank and was registered in england.(Liverpool)We had diner on board and was delicious,and finally we sleped on board because the job was so long and hard so we had 2 teams to work but very good souvenir i remember.

spongebob
6th September 2019, 21:27
I saw the heading "Stainless Patriot " and thought it was from someone who had a different view of Magabee !

Bob

Pat Kennedy
6th September 2019, 22:00
I have happy memories of being sent to this ship in 1980 to Rotterdam to service the compressed air breathing apparatus on board. She was due to drydock at Vlaardingen, so I booked in the local Novotel and waited.
I found out from the agent she was delayed, telexed my office and was told to stay put until the ship arrived. One week later she came in and I did the job in two hours.
I had a great time in Rotterdam on Turnbull Scotts tab.
To make matters worse, she sailed to Birkenhead where I was based,after coming out of drydock

OilJiver
6th September 2019, 22:23
I guess sometimes, we just have to tough these things out Pat.

Johnny Walker
7th September 2019, 09:55
I sailed on this ship for a couple of months joining her in dry-dock in Jarrow on the 17/5/77 and leaving her at Eastham on 17/7/77 The only thing I remember about the ship was that the captain had his teenage daughter on board during the dry-dock I have vague memories of visiting the U.S.A. and the Carribean I also sailed on the sister ship the Stainless Duke.