new member saying hello

michael 42
26th October 2008, 14:16
thanks for the welcome message, up till now, I have been using various sites, eg saga, r.a.f. forum, rootschat etc, and have just discovered this one while trying to find ship pictures, hopefully ones that I sailed on, ( aal pics I had destroyed in fire) so this was a bit of serendipidy, I think thats the word. My time in the merch was,nt all that long, 5 years, after I had left the R.A.F., and included m.v. Avisbrook, (Purvis aviation and shipping) Stancrown, crowborough beacon, lapwing, bretwalda, lesrix, and a couple more that I,ve got to look up. the one I was searching for in particular was the Vercharmain, a heavy lift ship, quite a few very different trips on that one. anyway, must stop rambling on, look forward to catch up later.(Thumb)

K urgess
26th October 2008, 14:28
Welcome aboard, Michael.
Glad you found us, most of the crew arrived in the same way.
Now you've signed on, explore the ship and enjoy the trip.

gdynia
26th October 2008, 14:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

non descript
26th October 2008, 14:49
Michael, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and posting an interesting introduction, it is appreciated. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

R58484956
26th October 2008, 15:14
Greetings Michael and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Derek Roger
26th October 2008, 15:25
Welcome from Canada Micheal . Cheers Derek

Bruce Carson
26th October 2008, 15:33
Michael, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia.
Good to have you onboard.
The Vercharmain appears to have slipped through the internet net--don't see a picture or her anywhere, but perhaps one of our members will come through with a photo.

Bruce

bert thompson
26th October 2008, 16:37
Welcome Michael to this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.